The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We got off to a flier but Kilmarnock took control of the game and just ran through us for about 20 minutes, I thought it was going to be a long night.

Stanger pings one from 35 yards, through McCrorie and it was pretty much Ayr for the rest of the second half, Rus glided like an ice hockey player through Kilmarnock for the second. 
McCann did horribly at Kilmarnocks first goal, caught wrong side and flat footed, Stone looked like he’d recovered it but somehow passed it to an onrushing Kilmarnock player. 
Second half was very open, their second goal was jammy, off one post, right across the goal line and in off the other post. 
Watret was superb, Rus is the spark with a very workmanlike front 4.

Jay Henderson is the first player I have ever seen who has managed to put a corner kick in to the main stand.

Nick McCallister came on to prove that he is second choice full back.

We just look a lot better than last season just now. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

We just look a lot better than last season just now. 

That will absolutely do me for now. The vast majority of last season was chronic. 

Simply enjoying going to most games again will be a bonus.

This team look as if they have something, well done Broony. Looking forward to this season although it was only Killie we swatted aside. We'll get much harder games in the championship.

Thanks for your pennies Marvins, come again soon.

Edited by Buckfast

We are going to be horrible to play against, and I absolutely love it. 

Oakley and Dowds battered them all over the place. 

I loved the right hand side of Henderson and Watret.

Plenty of other good things too, but bar those two moments early on Paddy was excellent and put in an absolute power of work. 

Rus though, f**k me… he has a bit of everything. 

Early days, but good signs!

Edited by No_Problemo

11 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I still remember Roberts team beating Motherwell 4-0 in pre season only for things to go south rather rapidly once the proper stuff started.

Roberts it brings a tear to my eye every time I hear his name.

Player decent.

Manager made Bullen look like Klippity Klopp.

Definitely was not played like a friendly, that's the most I've enjoyed a game at Somerset in forever maybe it was being back on the north terrace that made the difference, Stone looks good distribution was decent, Watret was deservedly MOM does not look like a 17 year old kid, Rus looks a absolute star and could be the game changer, that front two of Dowdes and Oakley will absolutely cause carnage to most teams this season, we still need a center back and a defensive midfielder but this could be a very special season, it's the hope that kills you but the one thing we have is a manager who's a winner and will not tolerate standards dropping that could be the difference.

Based on watching that (via a stream) still got some things that need addressing.  

We seem a poor team at set pieces at both ends, Henderson seems to either be not good at it or very very rusty and defensively it seems to still be a bit of a riot, not sure if that is in part due to one of your commanding presences in there at the moment is a full back or not though! 

Left hand side is Reading and McKenzie, we know that's going to go wrong.  

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Let’s hope Rus doesn’t f**k off on the eve of the season starting like Pendlebury.

is it too early to offer him some more cash and a 3rd year? 

We paid money for him so we won’t just release him