The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Rus was on the end of a few heavy challenges and got right back up and that was good to see, he's been on Browns radar for a while I have very high hopes for him.

He also looks like an irritating little shit and will snap at folks heels and ankles all day. Our biggest issue might end up being bookings and suspensions but we aren’t going to be bullied. 

I think we’ll need to accept that we will lose goals at times. 

Even in the last few minutes, we had four or five players getting forward. Our full backs are high, Rus is always looking to be positive and obviously the wide midfielders too. 

Henderson was hit and miss at set pieces his corner did cause the pen and he put a decent free kick into the box, his free kick from about 25 yards out was closer to hitting a seagull than troubling Mcrorie 

5 hours ago, wullieaufc said:

Is it a club decision or police decision to stop ticket sales at 5? Would think that since it’s nowhere near a sell out we could sell right up until kickoff 

Do you honestly think the club would stop selling tickets to this game if they were not instructed to do it by outside forces 

56 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Based on watching that (via a stream) still got some things that need addressing.  

We seem a poor team at set pieces at both ends, Henderson seems to either be not good at it or very very rusty and defensively it seems to still be a bit of a riot, not sure if that is in part due to one of your commanding presences in there at the moment is a full back or not though! 

Left hand side is Reading and McKenzie, we know that's going to go wrong.  

I wasn't a fan of Hendersons before we signed him and he's not done much since he joined that has changed my mind much. He played a couple of decent balls tonight but wasted a lot. He hit two of the worst corners I have ever seen as well. 
However, I think he has enough about him to win us a few points this season with the crosses that come off, with Murphy and Hastie to come in as well, I think we will be well covered. He has an annoyance factor that will win us a few free-kicks as well. 

Really enjoyable game. We played some really good stuff against the 4th best team in Scotland 🤣🤣 very promising pre-season and I'm confident we can be challenging at the top end of the table. Just a shame the Ayrshire Cup wasn't on the line but defeating a near full strength Killie was very pleasing 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I remember Scotland playing at the Euros. It feels like decades ago now.

Liberal use of the word 'playing' there. They barely showed up.

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I wasn't a fan of Hendersons before we signed him and he's not done much since he joined that has changed my mind much. He played a couple of decent balls tonight but wasted a lot. He hit two of the worst corners I have ever seen as well. 
However, I think he has enough about him to win us a few points this season with the crosses that come off, with Murphy and Hastie to come in as well, I think we will be well covered. He has an annoyance factor that will win us a few free-kicks as well. 

I certainly think Henderson is a step down in quality from Chalmers

On 10/07/2024 at 18:02, Roxanne's man said:

I'm feeling unironically Dutch today 😊

Has there been any Dutch players within the ranks of Ayr at any point?

Don't think so, but there have been many who have played who appeared to be wearing wooden clogs.  

26 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He's not going to deliver some of the flashy stuff Chalmers can, but I don't think he'll disappear as much so it'll balance out.

8 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Friendly reminder that somehow McCrorie is the 4th choice keeper for Scotland 

If Robby (and Ross) came through at Motherwell they would be turning out for Gartcairn by now.   

Edited by itzdrk

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I think he'll come good, couple things going on with him no playing really any football last year and we are asking him to do a different job to what he is used to.  He played inverted on the left mostly.  

Looks like he and Watrett have a nice wee understanding of eachother which can only help. 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Different type of player, I think his all round game will help the team a bit more, excited to see him and Cafu sorry Watret develop a partnership down that roght hand side, if your looking for some one to excite you and get you off your seat Rus is the man for that.

Edited by Superhursty7