The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

37 minutes ago, Girth said:

Such a bad player. 

In other news, confident for your game against the DABs?

Thank you. 

Yes. I see no reason to be fearful after their show against Falkirk.

You’re welcome.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Why would you expect to put 3 or 4 goals past a team that the bookies have finishing above you in the league?

Screenshot2024-07-15at13_29_06.thumb.png.c2e1c73dcf7b6e34ee7e205c081d5cab.png

I believe England were favourites for the Euros, must of been some celebrations down south last night: 

10 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Mondays always better after they get put in their place, was kinda hoping they losts on pens tho.... always feel that's sweeter! Anyways, on to Falkirk. I've woken up feeling less confident about tomorrow. We owe them a doin but I've got that AUFC fear we're going to get embarrassed and put in our place. A new stand and a pretty decent pre seaon so far, hasn't stopped the fear apparently! 

Tomorrow night will be a good test to see where we are. A team newly promoted who are expected to at very least be in the playoff chase. 

I'm kinda hoping we burst Falkirks bubble and they sink like a Stone. Must be some buzz to be unbeaten but hopefully that gets them into trouble in Championship.... I can't see how a team that took forever to get back up, is expecting a top 4.... I think they need the confidence kicked right out them tomorrow and normal service will be resumed. Here's hoping we're the team to burst their bubble ⚫⚪

Watching them on Saturday... I feel if we're quick off the mark, push and score, we'll have the game. They only came onto it, after they scored.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

16 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I can't see how a team that took forever to get back up, is expecting a top 4....

In fairness since we got promoted, the Championship has included a newly promoted team in the top 4 each season apart from 19/20 when the league was abandoned. Even then Arbroath were 6th, which suggests teams do carry some momentum into the following season.

Yeah I think keeping the nucleus of a winning team is important. Don’t think Falkirk have been able to add too much to what they have, but fully expect them to be somewhere between 3rd and 6th, depending on injuries etc. They have plenty of attackers, but looking at their squad probably missing a real out and out championship striker. Although Maciver might prove to be that at this level. 

44 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

In fairness since we got promoted, the Championship has included a newly promoted team in the top 4 each season apart from 19/20 when the league was abandoned. Even then Arbroath were 6th, which suggests teams do carry some momentum into the following season.

Also bear in mind that Falkirk have 200000000 fans. And Ineos is definitely, definitely not pulling out of Grangemouth.

I might end up with egg on my internet face, but that Falkirk squad is full of guys who never impressed in the Championship and i think they'll finish in the bottom half. 

2 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

The real banter move is Sean McGintys Hamilton ending up in the playoffs. 

Can't remember the last time, probably under McCall, that I went into a season confident about the squad. Not that I think we'll steamroll teams but that we will be competitive. Would still like to see the defence added to but still time left for that 

2 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'm kinda hoping we burst Falkirks bubble and they sink like a Stone. Must be some buzz to be unbeaten but hopefully that gets them into trouble in Championship.... I can't see how a team that took forever to get back up, is expecting a top 4.... I think they need the confidence kicked right out them tomorrow and normal service will be resumed. Here's hoping we're the team to burst their bubble ⚫⚪

Watching them on Saturday... I feel if we're quick off the mark, push and score, we'll have the game. They only came onto it, after they scored.

What’s the fitness levels of your squad 

12 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

But they have an outstanding manager at this level. I watched highligts(yes highlights) but they battered Utd with players like Morrison in the team. When he was on loan with us he couldn’t pass water- but seemed to have improved no end…..

I'd he though? he's another McCall who will get you to the championship but no further, look at the chaos he caused at Raith with the Goodwillie situation.

Important to remember the last twice we were being managed by a bald idiot, we now have a manager with hair and ball knowledge.  

Falkirk have a guy that wears two hats and trackies with a shirt and tie.  

I think we will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why do Falkirk fans seem to be trying to manoeuvre some sort of rivalry with us? We are massive 

Its refreshing to see perennial League One clubs come up and try and make a name for themselves. What the pyramid is all about.