The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

I hope we do. And I hope it's in the Jamie Adams mould. We've been crying out for a proper CDM/general hard nut in the middle of the park. 

This ⬆️ if we could nail that kind of midfielder we are not just in the mix for promotion playoffs but for the title.

Mikey Devlin is hands down one of the absolute worst players I've ever seen at Livi, and I watched Paul Lambert and Derek Adams "playing" for us.

He's absolutely woeful and will blame everyone but himself for all the defensive mistakes he will make.

Good luck to you 👍🏻 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.  

Aye, but its not like they are putting him out for a full season, they could maybe get £50k on a development fee if he had been playing regularly in league one for the last two years. 

I wouldn't expect any club, including Ayr to pay even half that for a player that has sat on his arse for two years. 

Still feel like we need a defensive midfielder, would imagine loan market will be the only place you'll find one of them now.

Bosun Lawal come on down, we'll sort you out with a nice flat down Ayr Beach to sweeten the deal

McCall signed guys that he'd worked with before because he knew what they could bring, guys like Adams and Bell were on their way out of football and got a good couple of years out of them. Hopefully Devlin works out. 

He's had a long career at a decent enough level to suggest that he'll likely strengthen the team. So I'm not sure that one poor season at Livi is the death knell of him as a player. Scott Brown knows him well enough so he must see something in him to suggest that he'll bring something to the team. And, in any case, it's not like we're pinning our defensive success on the signing of Mikey Devlin. Musonda, Mcmann and Stanger are all decent options at the back. All in all a decent signing. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

Livingston were a basketcase last season so I'll take reviews with a pinch of salt, Brown does not come across as a jobs for the old boys type of manager, he's only going to sign folk who can actually help him achieve his ambitions.

2 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Judging by your signings, Scott Brown is a closet Accie. 

We have signed Accies players from when they were good and Accies have signed players from Ayr from when they were shite. 

Wouldn’t pin your hopes on Devlin. Whether Brown is a good manager or not, signing him is a gamble. Looked the part at the beginning of last season but as soon as he got injured (be prepared for that btw) he was useless. Has the technique but is no longer up to it physically. 

21 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Mikey Devlin is hands down one of the absolute worst players I've ever seen at Livi, and I watched Paul Lambert and Derek Adams "playing" for us.

He's absolutely woeful and will blame everyone but himself for all the defensive mistakes he will make.

Good luck to you 👍🏻 

It’s alright he’s gone to a bigger team that will make a proper player out of him 🫢

1 minute ago, hoobahabba said:

Wouldn’t pin your hopes on Devlin. Whether Brown is a good manager or not, signing him is a gamble. Looked the part at the beginning of last season but as soon as he got injured (be prepared for that btw) he was useless. Has the technique but is no longer up to it physically. 

Don't think we are pinning hopes on him, he will be used in our squad rotation along with our other defenders, competing for places. 

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You have Reece McAlear playing for you, good luck to you too :lol:

Wahahahaha! This guy still towing a truck with him everywhere he goes?!

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We have signed Accies players from when they were good and Accies have signed players from Ayr from when they were shite. 

"Good" doing some lifting there: 

McMann - relegated 

Stanger - released (albeit wrongly) 

Oakley - released 

Hastie - shite

Devlin - good 

1 for 5 isn't bad though.