The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Good goal from Rus, looks to be a good player.

Do you think he would improve our reserves if we took him off you next season?

Bidding starts at £500k and the return of the stolen Ayrshire Cup.

Be interesting to see the midfield against Stenhousemuir, Rus suspended and Dempsey possibly injured again. 

Syla and McKenzie in there? 

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Good goal from Rus, looks to be a good player.

Do you think he would improve our reserves if we took him off you next season?

Not sure about your reserves but would definitely improve that 1st team we demolished last week. You could always buy him and hope we do a Lloyd bank and forgoe what we are owed. At least this time you wouldn’t be bumping the tax paying public and helping to bring the nhs to its knees.

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic TV

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

A bit sad we didn't get the draw in N.T. and see what could have happened in E.T. but overall a decent game. We are getting there and I'm happy generally. Rus and Watret were 👌 I can see Rus taking a sore one he can't just walk off soon... I'm sure every team in the Championship already has him marked out, to take out! Set piece need work. Bryden needs out on loan. Oakley and  Dowds are very similar, waiting to see how that changes when Murphy gets starts with them up as Dowds, Oakley, Rus and Murphy starting front 4, sounds strong for the championship... maybe in the hope you rattle goals in early then take Murphy off and sub Dowds or Oakley? 

And where the f**k is Musonda? For allegedly holding us to Random for a new contact, he's not been seen much... take it he's injured, or playing at being injured? 

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Be interesting to see the midfield against Stenhousemuir, Rus suspended and Dempsey possibly injured again. 

Syla and McKenzie in there? 

Hopefully someone else signed before then. 

Failing that I’d give Jamie Hislop a chance. Unless I’m way off the mark and he isn’t a midfielder? 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully someone else signed before then. 

Failing that I’d give Jamie Hislop a chance. Unless I’m way off the mark and he isn’t a midfielder? 

he's more a winger/10

Watched the game there without expecting much from Ayr but was quite impressed with some of the football being played. 

Marco Rus looks like a real talent. Excellent signing. 

Could be a good season ahead for Ayr - i'd  certainly be expecting that Ayr side to be competetive most weeks. 

Thank you. 

22 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Not sure about your reserves but would definitely improve that 1st team we demolished last week. You could always buy him and hope we do a Lloyd bank and forgoe what we are owed. At least this time you wouldn’t be bumping the tax paying public and helping to bring the nhs to its knees.

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic TV

Happy Formula 1 GIF by Ayrton Senna

18 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Tomlinson has played CM in the reserves could be worth a shot 

When he signed last summer he did mention his U18 season was the first at RM as he'd been CM before that so has some experience.

David Craig did look impressive the other night for the 18's but it was against a rather poor Cumnock side so probably too soon for him.

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’d be tempted to rest Rus, Watret and McMann for the Stenny game anyway. Musonda, Murdoch, Murphy and Walker are due a run out, Devlin and McRoberts should come in as well. 

We’ve still got a good chance of qualifying, so not sure we want to rest players at this stage.  Stenny at home won’t be pushovers.  Qualification could be worth another player to us too.  Murdoch didn’t even make the bench so guessing he’s still miles away from match fitness.

McKenzie is like some kind of universal lego piece to be used when you're missing a bit. 

It'd be good if we could bring on Dowds or Oakley as another option but suppose they didn't sign to start on the bench. 

Hastie wasn't horrible when he came on but the set pieces were. They need completely revamped. 

likely hood is it will be Dempsey and Syla in the midfield and for me  i would give Hastie a start on the left wing to replace the creative spark we will lose out on with Rus not avaliable

Edited by muZZa__44

8 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We’ve still got a good chance of qualifying, so not sure we want to rest players at this stage.  Stenny at home won’t be pushovers.  Qualification could be worth another player to us too.  Murdoch didn’t even make the bench so guessing he’s still miles away from match fitness.

These players coming in shouldn’t weaken us though, we need game time for them as well.