The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Give an eighteen year old more than one game to impress I imagine…

We obviously need to be looking to bring another striker in now anyway - if it’s possible. 

Normally i would be keen on giving a kid time but I'm just not seeing anything with him playing up front. Do we have time to let him learn his craft at this level? I suspect not. 

37 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McAvoy out for a “long time.” Obscene lack of luck at the moment. 

Guess he might go back down to London to rehab?

Bavidge was always going to be a development thing, he was probably going to be 3rd choice while likely starting in cup games etc, but now he’s being thrusted into the starting 11 and his only competition is McKenzie who well is McKenzie, I’m willing to give Bavidge another chance against Morton and see how he fares before deciding on if he’s good enough or not

19 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Brown asked about Syla's performance and proceeds to completely ignore it. 

TRAINING; exhibit A M'Lord

He started talking about the keeper and he was asked about Syla and Walker. Wouldn’t read too much in to it

39 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Normally i would be keen on giving a kid time but I'm just not seeing anything with him playing up front. Do we have time to let him learn his craft at this level? I suspect not. 

Nah, we don’t particularly but would give him a bit more time before deciding. 

37 minutes ago, Iain said:

Guess he might go back down to London to rehab?

Would imagine so! Hopefully there is something in the deal that lets us just send him back early. 

58 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Likewise , I think the boy needs a chance, but we need a replacement Anton now, and don't have the luxury of time to develop a teenager, would be no different to playing Bryden, who we all agree is not up to this level yet. McRoberts is away to Bonnyrigg, he isn't ready for this level yet either, so that leaves McKenzie as next choice striker 🥴.

We need Brown and Whittaker, maybe even McGeady as well to pull from all their contacts, someone who will hit the ground running. I have faith that they will, but the market is not as full as it was.

When we started well under Bullen, it was clear (to some) that we were one dimensional, a one man team and were tactically naive. When things started to turn bad, it became clear very quickly that there was no plan B

Under Brown, we are substantially better tactically and technically but are hamstrung by injuries, even today, we made two changes and everything clicked back in to place to a degree. 

If we want to stay in the hunt, we may have to be inventive, it’s clear we need a replacement for Dowds, which isn’t going to be a domestic loan. Unless there is a free agent in England or someone we can wait 2-3 months for a work permit for, we will be hoping that Oakley and McKenzie can increase their goals per game ratio 

8 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

BRING HIM HOME.

IMG_7869.jpeg

Our treatment room is already full. He had an operation in March that ended his season and his contract ran out. Free agent now apparently,  but how long for him to be match fit? 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They also released their best forward this week, maybe we can pick him up

If you have a large file, I can get the missus to bake a cake for him. Will need a driver to pick him up though, don't think he's keen on flying now. 

Another long term injury from non contact in training (McAvoy) really begins to question if training is too gung ho but I'm not getting into that.

By the way Brown was talking there's going to be nobody else coming in to replace Dowds which I'm not surprised about so we're going to have to make do with what we've got until January.

Bavidge/Rus/Walker/Henderson are going to need to step up with some goals or we'll start sliding.

Not surprised if Stanger is struggling as he's played every minute of the season due to being the only fit CB left (at the moment) 

Kudos to McAllister who under Brown seems to have least turned into some form of semi competent CB compared to under Bullen when he was a total bombscsare 

Goalie situation is farcical now, 3 games in a row and a new goalkeeper each game... 

3 points from 9 isn't great and certainly not title challenging form however in circumstances is better than defeats.

Falkirk game in a fortnight looking massive as we need to beat them to stop them flying off into the horizon already with their 2 games in hand but I'm struggling to see us being able to stop them, hope I'm wrong...

Another season that's turning into the usual Ayr way but at least we've got a lot of metal and resolute about us under Brown which might crucially get us through the next month until most players are back. 

Dowds and McAvoy will be only 2 long term so we'd still be a hell of a lot better team once McMann, Rus and Murphy are back. 

Keep the faith!

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Another long term injury from non contact in training (McAvoy) really begins to question if training is too gung ho but I'm not getting into that.

By the way Brown was talking there's going to be nobody else coming in to replace Dowds which I'm not surprised about so we're going to have to make do with what we've got until January.

Bavidge/Rus/Walker/Henderson are going to need to step up with some goals or we'll start sliding.

Not surprised if Stanger is struggling as he's played every minute of the season due to being the only fit CB left (at the moment) 

Kudos to McAllister who under Brown seems to have least turned into some form of semi competent CB compared to under Bullen when he was a total bombscsare 

Goalie situation is farcical now, 3 games in a row and a new goalkeeper each game... 

3 points from 9 isn't great and certainly not title challenging form however in circumstances is better than defeats.

Falkirk game in a fortnight looking massive as we need to beat them to stop them flying off into the horizon already with their 2 games in hand but I'm struggling to see us being able to stop them, hope I'm wrong...

Another season that's turning into the usual Ayr way but at least we've got a lot of metal and resolute about us under Brown which might crucially get us through the next month until most players are back. 

Dowds and McAvoy will be only 2 long term so we'd still be a hell of a lot better team once McMann, Rus and Murphy are back. 

Keep the faith!

We absolutely don’t need to beat Falkirk, we would only be a quarter into the season!

Another three points this quarter and it is absolutely form that would have you challenging for the title in this league generally if we replicated that across the rest of the season.