The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, honestly united said:

From the sounds of things Hare-Reid has done ok in the Friendlies so no need to panic - we will be outscoring these championship diddies anyway

I hope you're right. Really want us to do well and stay up this season, otherwise I think Mccall will be offski. Hopeful for a keeper before the morton game. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only difference is they’re usually more expensive.

True enough. Long gone are the days of Hugh Sproat or Craig Nelson. Hope we do alright this season with our little experience between the sticks, anyone is better than Jack Ruddy I suppose. 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Experienced keeps still make mistakes and will subjected to the same amount of inevitable abuse when they make a mistake.

The only difference is they’re usually more expensive.

And that they are less likely to make mistakes of course. If you are signing a decent one and not one clearly out of their depth (Raith last season) 

Also, if I was Murdoch and didn’t have a deal in the next few days I would be off. Sure he’ll have offers. If he goes elshewhere there will be some “heads gone.” Likely mine included to be fair. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Experience helps but is not the be all end all , just ask Raith fans last season !!! They had one of the most experienced goalkeeper in the league and he cost them the league with so many mistakes , Hare-Reid has looked ok in all 3 games , no need to panic yet , as for McCrorie you just have to look at the comments on his Twitter from Rangers fans who seem to rate him very highly 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Experience helps but is not the be all end all , just ask Raith fans last season !!! They had one of the most experienced goalkeeper in the league and he cost them the league with so many mistakes , Hare-Reid has looked ok in all 3 games , no need to panic yet , as for McCrorie you just have to look at the comments on his Twitter from Rangers fans who seem to rate him very highly 

Thick rangers fans on Twitter have probably never seen him play, and are looking for a like to improve their sad little lives. 

Raith signing an utter shite keeper who was done at league one level isn’t a reflection in experienced keepers either to be fair. 

If we had an option between an experienced competent championship keeper and McRorie I know what I would choose. I don’t think we have that luxury though. 

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is no difference between having a keeper on a one year contract and having one on a year long loan.

There's not an enormous difference but the possibility of losing him to an injury recall or potentially having the loan cancelled in January if the parent club decide they want him back makes it slightly less convenient.

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Can you name one? 

No - hence why I said we don’t have that luxury. 

There were obviously free agents at the end of the season (Gaston at Morton for example) who we may have had a chance of signing given Morton hadn’t offered him anything for quite a while. 

McRorie will go on loan somewhere. It would be incompetent of Rangers to wait much longer as the majority of teams will have their established first choice by the time the cup games start. 

Edited by No_Problemo

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No - hence why I said we don’t have that luxury. 

There were obviously free agents at the end of the season (Gaston at Morton for example) who we may have had a chance of signing given Morton hadn’t offered him anything for quite a while. 

McRorie will go on loan somewhere. It would be incompetent of Rangers to wait much longer as the majority of teams will have their established first choice by the time the cup games start. 

Yeah, hopeful a deal is done soon. The new Rankers manager probably wanted a look at him before he's sent elsewhere for the season. 

Ťømąš ćëřňý (f**k knows how that's spelt) is available on a free, but probably left Partick as he felt he could play in a better league. Greg Fleming won't come back :-( Neil Alexander just retired and I'm guessing that, due to Wolves being promoted to the Premier league, that Jack Ruddy will be released to join some lower league/non league english team. The debate between who was worse last season, Ruddy or Hart, was always debatable. Both equally shite. 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Yeah, hopeful a deal is done soon. The new Rankers manager probably wanted a look at him before he's sent elsewhere for the season. 

Ťømąš ćëřňý (f**k knows how that's spelt) is available on a free, but probably left Partick as he felt he could play in a better league. Greg Fleming won't come back :-( Neil Alexander just retired and I'm guessing that, due to Wolves being promoted to the Premier league, that Jack Ruddy will be released to join some lower league/non league english team. The debate between who was worse last season, Ruddy or Hart, was always debatable. Both equally shite. 

Ally Morrison? Is that you. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Totally him

No, in not Ally Morrison, whoever the f**k he is. Just an Ayr fan for the past 22 years that is making a clear statement of discontent from Ayrs lack of a keeper. :-s

Plus, I'm getting annoyed that Alloa, a team we view as our lesser due to part time players, are signing more/better players than us.

Recruiting a few....  Foreigners. 

I wanna know what love is... Mccall will you show me? 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Spilt stain remover on my dog spot... Now he's gone :-(

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

No, in not Ally Morrison, whoever the f**k he is. Just an Ayr fan for the past 22 years that is making a clear statement of discontent from Ayrs lack of a keeper. :-s

Plus, I'm getting annoyed that Alloa, a team we view as our lesser due to part time players, are signing more/better players than us.

Recruiting a few....  Foreigners. 

I wanna know what love is... Mccall will you show me? 

Haha hold on. Trouten no better, Adam Brown? lol. David Galt no better. Greig Spence doesn’t get near Moore, Shankland and Moff and some loan from Motherwell. With their additions they are still way behind us in terms of quality, only their keeper would be one that they have (currently) that is maybe better equipped. They’re looking at Liam Dick for left back who seemingly really struggled at this level last season.

Simmer down wae that patter.

On 07/07/2018 at 16:01, rb123! said:

Tbh Ferguson at this stage in his career needs to be playing every week to develop and turn into as good a player as possible. He knows this and I think if he stayed at Ayr he wouldn't be playing every week and he probably knew that.

He might not want to sign for us then.  Cammy Ballantyne looks a superior player and will play right back. Unless Ferguson fancies dislodging Willie Dyer at left back then I suspect he'll be on the bench every week for us.