The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Surely Mccall isn't sitting around waiting on Steven Gerrard pulling his brown covered scouse finger out of his Arsehole to get Robby Mcrorie out on loan. I'd like to think that Ayr would have two or three reliable goalkeepers going into the championship. This struggling to sign trialists pish annoys me, get a Goalkeeper on the free and get on with it. Pay them in pot noodles or something!

David Crawford is looking for a club. He's not total shit like Jordan Hart. I'm sure he'd even play for claps. 

10 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Surely Mccall isn't sitting around waiting on Steven Gerrard pulling his brown covered scouse finger out of his Arsehole to get Robby Mcrorie out on loan. I'd like to think that Ayr would have two or three reliable goalkeepers going into the championship. This struggling to sign trialists pish annoys me, get a Goalkeeper on the free and get on with it. Pay them in pot noodles or something!

David Crawford is looking for a club. He's not total shit like Jordan Hart. I'm sure he'd even play for claps. 

The David Crawford who was pretty shocking?

And has played thirty games in four years around various lower league sides. 

Do you mean you want us to have two/three signed goalkeepers? Or targets which is fair enough. 

No one in the league has 2 or 3 “reliable” goalkeepers. They’ve got a first choice then back ups.

David Crawford is shite so no thanks. Any other keepers that we should be looking at?

Just now, No_Problemo said:

The David Crawford who was pretty shocking?

And has played thirty games in four years around various lower league sides. 

Do you mean you want us to have two/three signed goalkeepers? Or targets which is fair enough. 

Yes, that David Crawford. Better than what we have nonetheless. Did OK for Stenny from what I've heard. 

I'd like Ayr to Have a minimum of two goalkeepers. Should have more than one target, other than Mcrorie. The signing of David Crawford was just an idea of getting a freebie as opposed to on loan. So another keeper and Hare-reid as back up minimum. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Any other keepers that we should be looking at?

Ryan Goodfellow? East Fife keeper last season. Broke the record for longest time not conceding for them, 603 minutes. Surely not all that bad? 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ryan Goodfellow? East Fife keeper last season. Broke the record for longest time not conceding for them, 603 minutes. Surely not all that bad? 

You’re on the wind up surely? He couldn’t get a game for an awful East Fife team last season. 

Anyway, he’s signed for Cowdenbeath. 

23 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Fwiw - Duffy moved Murdoch to right back on a couple of occasions. It's not his position but just saying.

Murdoch played a good few games for us at right back whilst on loan from Rangers too. I actually thought he played better there than in central midfield.

42 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You’re on the wind up surely? He couldn’t get a game for an awful East Fife team last season. 

Anyway, he’s signed for Cowdenbeath. 

Id rather him instead of a keeper on loan, who last played for Berwick Rankers. Id happily take any keeper at this point. 

Id rather him instead of a keeper on loan, who last played for Berwick Rankers. Id happily take any keeper at this point. 

You’d rather have a keeper who couldn’t get a game for East Fife over one of the best up and coming young keepers in Scotland who by all means had a pretty good season last season and picked up numerous POTY awards for his club and played for his country in the Toulon Tournament during the summer?

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’d rather have a keeper who couldn’t get a game for East Fife over one of the best up and coming young keepers in Scotland who by all means had a pretty good season last season and picked up numerous POTY awards for his club and played for his country in the Toulon Tournament during the summer?

Id rather have a permanent keeper other than loan from Rangers. Gerrard looks to be undecided on letting him go just yet. Yes, he might be the next Buffon but I'm hitting the panic button rapidly now for Ayr, I just want a fucking keeper for next week. 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Id rather have a permanent keeper other than loan from Rangers. Gerrard looks to be undecided on letting him go just yet. Yes, he might be the next Buffon but I'm hitting the panic button rapidly now for Ayr, I just want a fucking keeper for next week. 

From the sounds of things Hare-Reid has done ok in the Friendlies so no need to panic - we will be outscoring these championship diddies anyway

There is no difference between having a keeper on a one year contract and having one on a year long loan.

And we’ve got a keeper. He’s called Ellis Hare-Reid.

One keeper. He could be fantastic. Though I'd rather we had a more experienced keeper. 

Experienced keeps still make mistakes and will subjected to the same amount of inevitable abuse when they make a mistake.

The only difference is they’re usually more expensive.