The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d rather we tried to get someone like Dapo Mebude on loan. Seems highly rated but has no chance of getting into the team ahead of the current strikers.

I'll take Kai Kennedy if they're as keen to get rid of him as it sounds!

Loanees are always a decent option however I’d like to see us secure a few permanent signings this summer. Think last year we only managed the two (Doolan and Roscoe)

Aye McCall was spot on when he used to say that too many loans isn’t a good thing. Think Kerr will go for a balance.

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

Barjonas was given a chance with us. He was just absolutely murder. He scored a good goal in one of his first games for us and that was about the extent of his contribution. His biggest problem seemed to be that he thinks he's a better player than he is. I was baffled he went to thistle last season but I would be even more baffled if you signed him.

It's always difficult to tell as some players just seem to click in certain environments / formations.

In the last few seasons we have had Shankland who looked like a useless diddy elsewhere and on the flip side we had Kevin Nisbet who was pretty poor / mediocre at best when on loan with us and even Cadden didn't produce much in his limited starts.

Who knows, but I'm sure Kerr and his team will have his eye on quite a few players (many that we don't even know about) and McGlynn will be the same with yourselves.

It's always difficult to tell as some players just seem to click in certain environments / formations.
In the last few seasons we have had Shankland who looked like a useless diddy elsewhere and on the flip side we had Kevin Nisbet who was pretty poor / mediocre at best when on loan with us and even Cadden didn't produce much in his limited starts.
Who knows, but I'm sure Kerr and his team will have his eye on quite a few players (many that we don't even know about) and McGlynn will be the same with yourselves.

I can see why barjonas could be thought of highly at rangers. He doesn't have the mentality to be a shankland or a Nisbet though in my humble opinion. As a fellow rovers fan (can't remember who, aplogies) said. He seems to view himself above loans/ hard work.

21 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I can see why barjonas could be thought of highly at rangers. He doesn't have the mentality to be a shankland or a Nisbet though in my humble opinion. As a fellow rovers fan (can't remember who, aplogies) said. He seems to view himself above loans/ hard work.

Highly thought of? He made his debut years ago and still hasn’t pushed on. Championship is his level 

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

Not advocating the signing of Barjonas here, however Nisbet didn’t always have that mentality. This is the guy who feigned injury to be subbed in a game v Dumbarton. That prematurely finished his loan spell at Ayr. He then seemingly had another poor loan spell at Dumbarton before his Shankland esque last chance break through season.

Agree with your point about viewing loan spells above him. Calvin Miller seemed that way and now is on the scrap heap having been released by Celtic. If we do sign this boy, you’d hope Gerrard has told him it’s now or never and using Kelly as an example of what he needs to do. 

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Good news. Hopefully we’ll be able to have some sort of crowd at the games. Will we be organising friendlies beforehand (sans crowds I presume)?

Would think fans will not be allowed in until first league game b

Not sure if there was ever anything in our interest but Anton Dowds has signed for Falkirk. If we were in for him it suggests Mark Kerr is in the market for a big target man which to me is a good thing as we can quite often get bullied by big defences. That noticeably changed with the signing of Aaron Drinan.