The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

The guy goes through the accounts of football clubs and has compiled a list of Scottish clubs wage bills and Thistle have the 11th (eleventh) largest budget in Scotland this season, ahead of 4 Premiership club (St Mirren, Hamilton, Livi and St Johnstone) and only Hearts and Dundee in the championship are bigger.

Edited in the graph for anyone interested. 

26436B52-424E-441B-A564-527AB3D975B3.thumb.png.5b4e9cf8f0affb14ea0378f52a1a5f5d.png

Worth mentioning we don't release wage figures, so he just doesnt include us on these. Our chairman we reported we had the 6th highest wage bill in the top flight last season (which explains why this season we've dramtically cut costs and have a squad of about 15 players).

22 hours ago, rb123! said:

In other news is there any update on when the 'Somerset Hub' building work is going to start, went by the old place the other day for the first time in a while and looks like no work has begun yet. I know it has been approved but until the first digger is on site i'm skeptical that it's going to happen after previous experiences with Ayr lol

Whilst it’s exciting to have the hub to look forward to, I’d be happier if we could sort out the car park! Drove past there the other day and the pot holes are even deeper than when we last had fans there 😑

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Whilst it’s exciting to have the hub to look forward to, I’d be happier if we could sort out the car park! Drove past there the other day and the pot holes are even deeper than when we last had fans there 😑

Tbf not exactly worth it with the imminent arrival of loads of construction vehicles and machines, hopefully next summer once the hub has been completed and before the season starts the whole car park may get a full resurface. That'll not be cheap though cause it's quite a big area to tar.

45 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why would you be happier at getting a smooth car park as opposed to having our very first social club. 

Who really cares about a few potholes in a car park!

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Why would you be happier at getting a smooth car park as opposed to having our very first social club. 

Are there not houses going there anyway? Or did I read the plans wrong a while ago when Ashleigh had their approval? 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye, very weird view to take. 

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As someone who doesn't drive I couldn't care any less about the car park. 

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Are there not houses going there anyway? Or did I read the plans wrong a while ago when Ashleigh had their approval? 

It’s Jim Kirkwoods company who have applied for planning permission for houses , not got sign off yet ( I believe there has been some issues ) David Smith has purchased back some of the car park and it will be included in work with Hub and Offices , Ayr can do nothing with car park as it does not belong to them 

Who would want a house right next to Somerset? Other than us diehards of course, is that not a bit of a random place to stick some houses?

Plus issues of access, how are homeowners supposed to drive into the housing estate at 16:50 on a Saturday night when 2,000 people are streaming out of Somerset.

Unless the entrance road to the houses in going to be over a newly built bridge over the railway on the railway side at the beggs factory. Therefore it won't affect us in the slightest.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

Plus issues of access, how are homeowners supposed to drive into the housing estate at 16:50 on a Saturday night when 2,000 people are streaming out of Somerset.

Unless the entrance road to the houses in going to be over a newly built bridge over the railway on the railway side at the beggs factory. Therefore it won't affect us in the slightest.

Shouldn’t be an issue , the car park was housing up until around 1975 , around 40/50 tenement flats with crowds in the 10,000s on a regular basis 

12 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Who would want a house right next to Somerset? Other than us diehards of course, is that not a bit of a random place to stick some houses?

Just wait till they start putting in noise complaints against the club......

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Shouldn’t be an issue , the car park was housing up until around 1975 , around 40/50 tenement flats with crowds in the 10,000s on a regular basis 

I think these folks were the last residents of Tryfield Place. Just before my time, it must have been amazing when a big crowd spilled out after a game. I think a former player used to live in one of the tenements as well.

FB_IMG_1580076539750.jpg.e2a174762c09eb9f2fdcd8497ec604bd.jpg

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

The world's moved on since then though and every household these days is a two car family when your 40/50 tenement flats probably had about 3 cars between them in the 70's. Somerset is one of the worst grounds in the country to get away from near full time already without being a householder trying to get back to your house at the time a crowd is emptying out. It certainly wouldn't be a selling point in buying a house there.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The world's moved on since then though and every household these days is a two car family when your 40/50 tenement flats probably had about 3 cars between them in the 70's. Somerset is one of the worst grounds in the country to get away from near full time already without being a householder trying to get back to your house at the time a crowd is emptying out. It certainly wouldn't be a selling point in buying a house there.

The area around Somerset is mostly cleared by the back of 5pm on a Sat Matchday. Would households there really care about having to leave early /wait 15 mins to get to/from their house? Once a fortnight really isn’t a hardship