The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Looking at the form, Ayr's form of the last 3 games, 7 points from a possible 9 and haven't conceded a goal in the league since the Morton game in October. Inverness have the same points over that period. That is the consistency we need.  

The flip side of that is poor performances in the cup and looking a little blunt in attack. missing players haven't helped. 

I feel that this weekend though, we conceded any title challenge, I don't see Hearts dropping six more points than us this season and it will be up to the usual suspects to continue to shit the bed that allow us, with consistency, to make the play-offs.  

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seeing Stevo as a pundit on last nights game got me thinking about who my top 5 Ayr players would be. My first game was 1998 so I reckon mine would be (in no order) 

Ryan Stevenson, Glynn Hurst, Jamie Adams, Lawrence Shankland, Nicky Devlin. 

Who’d be in your list?

My first game was 2000 so I have only a vague memory of Hurst unfortunately.

Shankland

Moffat

Stevo

Craig Nelson

Geggan

Honourable mentions to Alan Forrest, Paul Sheerin and Mark Roberts.

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seeing Stevo as a pundit on last nights game got me thinking about who my top 5 Ayr players would be. My first game was 1998 so I reckon mine would be (in no order) 

Who’d be in your list?

My first season was 1996/97: so my first hero was Alain Horace.  Laurent D'Jaffo followed and was replaced by both Hurst and Teale, I wasn't really bothered much by individuals other than Stevo for a long time after them and more recently you have had Moff, Adams and Shankland doing great things for the club.  

As a primary school kid it was Dixie and Doyle .
At High School it was McCall and Masterton .
The boozy eighties it has to be Sludden and Templeton .
Steadier nineties it was Hurst and Teale . 
The last twenty it has to be Shankland head and shoulders above the rest . 

I agree with most of this but you have to include Stevenson into the mix.

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Who’d be in your list?

Martyn Campbell, Eddie Malone, Michael Moffat, Lawrence Shankland and yer on the register. 

Edited by THEHonestman1910

I thought Duncan George did Hurlocks ribs in a Scottish cup game at Somerset but it may have been in the friendly the same season, he did break either Trevor Stevens or Gary Stevens toe on this game. 

Malcolm Shotton was another legend, John Traynor, never gave below a 7/10 in the ten years he was at the club, Cammy Duncan, top 3 keeper in my time watching Ayr, Tommy Walker, Duncan George....This is well worth a watch

Late 90s I started going, think what was supposed to be Larssons first game back for Celtic after his leg break was my first. Some of the best players are undoubtedly from that era. Would probably go and in no particular order:

Eddie Annand, Gary Teale, Craig Nelson, Michael Moffat and Lawrence Shankland. 

Hoping we don't have the usual hurricane blowing down Gayfield as the North Sea tries to invade the pitch next week. Hoping also that Smith will be back in the fold again after his suspension.....worried that he might still be on the naughty step that Aero occupied for a bit (allegedly). Alhough we created chances against RR yesterday, I wasn't totally convinced by us in the final third - Smith gives us that little bit of unpredictability in the box.

Anyone know yet if Chalmers enforced substitution was more than just a knock? Thought he was poor by his standards and that's a worry because left side midfield isn't well covered with Walsh likely to be still out as well.  

58 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Anyone know yet if Chalmers enforced substitution was more than just a knock? Thought he was poor by his standards and that's a worry because left side midfield isn't well covered with Walsh likely to be still out as well.  

Kerr said he spoke to Chalmers who said it was just a knock, in his BBC interview with Dracula after the game. Hopefully means he is available for Arbroath.

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Who’d be in your list?

My list obviously skews to guys I saw live the most, so it would be Tommy Bryce, Alain Horace, Glynn Hurst, Gary Teale and Stevo. Honourable mentions to Stevie Kerrigan, Isaac English, David Castilla, Neil Tarrant, Michael Moffat, Mark Roberts, Lawrence Shankland and a handful of others.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Late 90s I started going, think what was supposed to be Larssons first game back for Celtic after his leg break was my first. Some of the best players are undoubtedly from that era. Would probably go and in no particular order:

Eddie Annand, Gary Teale, Craig Nelson, Michael Moffat and Lawrence Shankland. 

James Grady seems to have been missed by most and was undoubtedly one of the classiest footballers we've had in the past few decades.

And of course Gary Agnew who barring injury coulhave gone to the very top.

Edited by WATTOO

1 hour ago, Iain said:

My list obviously skews to guys I saw live the most, so it would be Tommy Bryce, Alain Horace, Glynn Hurst, Gary Teale and Stevo. Honourable mentions to Stevie Kerrigan, Isaac English, David Castilla, Neil Tarrant, Michael Moffat, Mark Roberts, Lawrence Shankland and a handful of others.

There are a lot of one dimensional strikers about, like Ally Graham, Sam McGivern, Gordon Daziel, Colin McGlashin, Grady and Eddie Annand who were very good at what they did but Kerrigan, Shankland, Hurst and Ian Ferguson are probably the best all round forwards I have seen, they could score any type of goal from anywhere on the park.