The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Obviously delighted about the £500k grant we’re getting. I just struggle to get my head around where all this money the Govt(s) have splashed on business grants, furlough for (what will be) 13 months has came from and how it will be “paid back” 
* by paid back I mean tax increases etc not us literally paying the 500k back 
A country's finances is not the same as a household - and the way national debt is reported in the media sometimes is often criminal.

There's plenty of money to be had to support big business, and the city of London.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Good to see Sinasalo getting some attention on AVFTT. We've been featuring quite a lot as of late.

Was just coming on to say that - that's 3 weeks in a row I think we have had a feature of some sort. 

After watching that I had a look at our stats - hadnt realised that we haven't conceded a first half goal in the league all season, and actually haven't conceded one from open play earlier than 83 mins.  

Edited by Hursty

39 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Was just coming on to say that - that's 3 weeks in a row I think we have had a feature of some sort. 

After watching that I had a look at our stats - hadnt realised that we haven't conceded a first half goal in the league all season, and actually haven't conceded one from open play earlier than 83 mins.  

Yeah everyone mucks in defending from the front.  

Kerr and his laptop must be the only ones in the whole of Scottish football who are unaware that going to a struggling Arbroath side in the middle of December was going to result in a midfield battle.  We have personnel issue to address, but there’s little doubt in my mind that Kerr is failing miserably to get the best out of a reasonably decent group of players.  History tells us there’s no chance of him getting the bullet (unless Smith’s influence in the club is starting to grow), but he needs to learn pretty damn quick.  Getting an experienced first team coach who can improve fitness and attitude would be a good start - what’s Sandy Stewart up to these days?

Well that was truly abysmal, woeful, terrible, pathetic today. My patience is running thin on the amount of piss poor performances under Kerr this season in the space of two months. The squad has regressed from last season and although we have a good squad on paper its being led by clearly some terrible management and tactics off the park. No evidence of any good work happening during the week on the training pitch coming to fruition on a Saturday. 

For a team with so many attacking players we're hardly scoring any goals (3 in last 4 games) and there's major problems through team from defence-midfield-attack. Midfield isn't giving the defence enough protection nor is it providing enough attacking creativity to the front, Chalmers and Murdoch just doesn't seem to be clicking, i'm actually getting to the stage where i hope Kerr brings himself back into that midfield. Defensively again we were pretty hopeless, not sure what Reading did to merit coming in today and it showed cause i can't seem him keeping his place for next week, have to revert to Houston-Baird-Muirhead-Reading so we can get Houston onto his preferred side, the weak link in Roscoe out and get Aero alongside Reading to hopefully give him a boost. Back three is another option possibly going forward. Attacking side isn't working either, Bruce Anderson is turning out to be the most underwhelming signing of the season, scored for fun in this league with Dunfermline but can't even get a shot on target for us, lot of that must be down to coaching and tactic set up. Boy Cameron hasn't played enough to determine whether his loan gets extended to end of season, think he has to get a shot with Moff playing off him up top.

Very frustrating having what is a good squad but not playing anywhere near our strengths and capabilities, honestly miss the days of McCall's attacking football.  Honestly not sure of Kerr's meant identity of football we're playing but i don't like it and on the whole it's not pretty to watch. Most frustrating thing is not being able to be at the games to let players know it's not good enough, i know this is a bit of a piss poor excuse but no fans letting them know it's shite is maybe not helping.

To cheer us all up at least we've got a nice easy away game to Hearts next weekend, can't see by a 7-0 pumping unfortunately if we play like that again. 

Rant over

The team today was a strange set-up. Again we have a full-back on the bench and a center half filling in at full-back. Two midfielders and four forwards that rotate. So we have one wing-back in Reading and Muirhead as a full-back on the right. 

Every game this season we have spent on the back foot, catching teams on the break which has meant conceding a lot of possession. We have two very good midfielders in Chalmers and Murdoch that I wouldn't swap for anyone else in the league but are overran every game. They need help in either a formation change or an extra body in there.

Anderson is an empty jersey, they would be as well sending him back to Aberdeen now. If we could offload Cameron as well in the window it would help us get someone else in. 

We need a new center half, a midfielder and a forward in pretty quick. 

Roscoe is still young and doesn't look capable of playing every week, Reading is maybe the same. Zanatta has been poor also. Smith doesn't look like he will score regularly, along with McCowan and Moffat and all three are assets to the team. Anderson clearly isn't the answer so we need someone else very quickly. 

Just don’t understand the decision to appoint Kerr as manager.  Would have had no issues appointing him as an assistant to Stewart with a view to perhaps developing him into a long term successor, but throwing him in without experienced back up was nuts.  Would probably have been fairer on Kerr in the long run too.

We are a club that has been scarred over the last 30 years by some truly duff managerial appointments.  So we appointed McCall who was probably the first manager since Ally in the 80s who came in with a proven track record of delivering at our level and guess what, he delivered.

Rookie manager appointments have pretty much been a consistent disaster for us and I don’t get why we’ve gone back down that road. I still defend Reid (I know others feel different, not having that debate again!) and I refuse to count Dalziel who was allowed to buy his way out of more mistakes than I care to list with Barr’s money, but from Burley to Stainrod, through Shanks, the 2 Rabs and Roberts, we’ve been far too willing to let rookies make their mistakes at Ayr at cost to us.  Burley obviously worked out in the big picture, but the respective records of our other managers over the years speaks for itself.

Important run at new year.  Dont expect anything from Tynecastle (and I'd have felt the same even if we had won easily today) but after that it's a triple header of Morton H, QoS A and Alloa H.   We tend to have the beating of Alloa, Queens look awful the now and for 83 mins earlier in the season we outplayed Morton.    Any performances and results like today and its definitely time for questions to be asked. 

Agree with a lot of the comments above - I'd be punting Anderson back and trying something else.  Waste of a Jersey the now and isnt a long term signing option so not worth persisting from what I've seen.  

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I think Stewart would have been a disaster to be honest.  

So look elsewhere for an experienced option.  Kerr felt like the sort of cheap as chips appointment we would make as a going nowhere League 1 club.  McCall left us as a solid top half championship club, and his replacement should have reflected that.

So look elsewhere for an experienced option.  Kerr felt like the sort of cheap as chips appointment we would make as a going nowhere League 1 club.  McCall left us as a solid top half championship club, and his replacement should have reflected that.

What’s so good about an experienced manager? Plenty experienced managers out there that would’ve been disastrous appointments.

Kerr is on the same wage any new manager coming in would’ve been on so the “cheap option” excuse is still as nonsense as ever.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s so good about an experienced manager? Plenty experienced managers out there that would’ve been disastrous appointments.

Kerr is on the same wage any new manager coming in would’ve been on so the “cheap option” excuse is still as nonsense as ever.

I can only direct you to our experience of rookie managers over a period of decades.  Every appointment is a gamble to some extent, but as in every other walk of life, a proven track record of delivery should always be part of the recruitment process.