The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

If we're drawing with a team of this strength the league should be ours to lose. 

How about if League One Ayr demolish a team that finished third in the SPL 4-0?

Preseason is categorically not about asserting strengths relative to other clubs. Otherwise an Ayr side that only lost 1-0 to a Man U side featuring such colossi as Paul Pogba, Danny Drinkwater and Sean McGinty would have uttery scooshed the league.

Edited by Thumper

f**k it, season ticket purchased - not even sure the last time I bought one. Did I see someone say that you had to go into the shop and pick up your season card? 

Couple of signings now please!

Edited by No_Problemo

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

f**k it, season ticket purchased - not even sure the last time I bought one. Did I see someone say that you had to go into the shop and pick up your season card? 

Couple of signings now please!

Yes , it will be in shop from Monday afternoon, you should also have got an e-mail with your QR code which can be saved to your phone , we can scan the code directly from your phone at the turnstiles , also as you purchased ticket before Saturday night when collecting ticket you will get a £10 voucher to spend in shop 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes , it will be in shop from Monday afternoon, you should also have got an e-mail with your QR code which can be saved to your phone , we can scan the code directly from your phone at the turnstiles , also as you purchased ticket before Saturday night when collecting ticket you will get a £10 voucher to spend in shop 

Cheers, was trying to work out the QR code situation. Assumed I would log in and it would be there, but the account I just created apparently doesn’t exist. Not received it via email, but hopefully still to come through!

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cheers, was trying to work out the QR code situation. Assumed I would log in and it would be there, but the account I just created apparently doesn’t exist. Not received it via email, but hopefully still to come through!

Pm me your name and I will send now 

Any idea who the trialists were? Assuming Faal, maybe not McCaragher? Couldn’t see anything in the goals other than good header from Moff.

IF it’s the same numbers as before think that would make it 16 Faal and 10 mcaragher

Edited by bazka6

2 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Any idea who the trialists were? Assuming Faal, maybe not McCaragher? Couldn’t see anything in the goals other than good header from Moff.

It was definitely McCarragher and he was in a picture that Hearts put up.

Wihout getting to political, i'm going to talk political bollocks and try not to sound like a doom merchant.

With South Ayrshire Covid cases being pretty high within the different Scottish regions, i can't see SAC being too generous in our capacity so wouldn't be at all surprised to see us with a pretty low capactity limit. Also it's a bit bollocks that the 500 includes likes of stewards, press and club staff etc.

Also with the record high cases in Scotland being blamed on football fans going to London and catching the disease and bringing it back it doesn't bode too well for Scottish Government giving football much freedom. Stuck between a rock and hard place though because if they open up the grounds to high capacity like what they're doing at Wembley, more will catch it, but at the same time if they keep the stadiums shut then people will gather in homes and pubs to watch matches which is also causing more cases just now.

I fear what's gonna happen by the time we get to October/November even if we do get in at the beginning of the season.... and i'm not talking about our annaul turn of shitfest form to coincide with the pitches going to tattie fields

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wihout getting to political, i'm going to talk political bollocks and try not to sound like a doom merchant.

With South Ayrshire Covid cases being pretty high within the different Scottish regions, i can't see SAC being too generous in our capacity so wouldn't be at all surprised to see us with a pretty low capactity limit. Also it's a bit bollocks that the 500 includes likes of stewards, press and club staff etc.

Also with the record high cases in Scotland being blamed on football fans going to London and catching the disease and bringing it back it doesn't bode too well for Scottish Government giving football much freedom. Stuck between a rock and hard place though because if they open up the grounds to high capacity like what they're doing at Wembley, more will catch it, but at the same time if they keep the stadiums shut then people will gather in homes and pubs to watch matches which is also causing more cases just now.

I fear what's gonna happen by the time we get to October/November even if we do get in at the beginning of the season.... and i'm not talking about our annaul turn of shitfest form to coincide with the pitches going to tattie fields

A few weeks back I was thinking that I wouldn’t be at a single away game at all this season however the mood music seems to have changed recently with the Scottish Government and is a lot more hopeful.

If I’m not in the ICT Social Club on the 21st August I’ll be fuming. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A few weeks back I was thinking that I wouldn’t be at a single away game at all this season however the mood music seems to have changed recently with the Scottish Government and is a lot more hopeful.

If I’m not in the ICT Social Club on the 21st August I’ll be fuming. 

Hopefully as one of the better social clubs to visit before a game , the best one is now well under construction 

16 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Well if the Scottish government are saying that full crowds will be allowed from 9th August which is what we have been told then I see no reason why the SPFL would go against this.  I’d say it’s a complete shambles if they do and every single club should be pushing for it. 

Government haven't said this have they?  Just one of their advisors said maybe. 

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Government haven't said this have they?  Just one of their advisors said maybe. 

Aye, the boss said something along these lines a week or so ago. The below is from the Guardian (I couldn't remember the exact wording).

Sturgeon said she hoped it would be possible to end “major remaining legal restrictions”, including social distancing indoors, from 9 August, by which time all over-40s should have had their second vaccine for at least two weeks and signalling a “return to almost complete normality in our day-to-day lives”

It's maybe not a stretch to infer from a "return to almost complete normality in our day-to-day lives" would also be the same for football especially if easing social distancing indoors.

46 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, the boss said something along these lines a week or so ago. The below is from the Guardian (I couldn't remember the exact wording).

It's maybe not a stretch to infer from a "return to almost complete normality in our day-to-day lives" would also be the same for football especially if easing social distancing indoors.

"Hoped" 

We all hope it will and hopefully it does

The only closure will be universal vaccination. Re-infection isn't impossible but the outlook for vaccinated infectees is massively, massively better. With over half the adult population of Scotland now vaccinated (comprising the vast majority of the most vulnerable) an end is in sight.  To be honest I don't see any point in pontificating about it until that happens.

30 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Schitts Creek Coffee GIF by CBC

To be fair, with it being the left side our our defence, it was more than obvious it was him, but didn’t want to be singled out by the happy clappers for having a go at him first :lol:

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

To be fair, with it being the left side our our defence, it was more than obvious it was him, but didn’t want to be singled out by the happy clappers for having a go at him first :lol:

To be fair to him, because of how far away the camera is you can’t really tell if the ball is too high to allow him to attack it. Ultimately Muirhead’s man. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be fair to him, because of how far away the camera is you can’t really tell if the ball is too high to allow him to attack it. Ultimately Muirhead’s man. 

Playing devils advocate, we’ve only conceded 1 goal in 3 matches and he’s played all 3 as far as I’m aware.