The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I was talking to the interviewer along with talking to the player himself , such an openly nice person to speak to , interview is now up , comes across good and signed because of Hopkin ( another one ) 

Gave it a wee blue pill and it is now up! 

link for those who want to watch! 

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/black-white-tv

Edited by ryanayr1987

Just watched Tomi’s interview - comes across as a decent guy.

Clearly wants to make an impact, do well and play at a higher level.

I know it’s only Stranraer and all that, and I’m no scout, but from what I saw of him, I think he will be a handful and I’m buzzing to see him in the flesh.  Gut feeling he could be a capture and a half.

Even if our new signing is a success, I don’t think he’s particularly a goal scorer. Roughly a one in ten strike rate at national league level (if stat sites are correct) So we still really need another striker who will chip in, and a goalscoring attacking midfielder or two. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Even if our new signing is a success, I don’t think he’s particularly a goal scorer. Roughly a one in ten strike rate at national league level (if stat sites are correct) So we still really need another striker who will chip in, and a goalscoring attacking midfielder or two. 

If we can crack all that, then with Morton’s mean defence in place, we should be challenging at the top end of the league.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Still better strike rate than all the strikers we had last season 

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If we can crack all that, then with Morton’s mean defence in place, we should be challenging at the top end of the league.

We can only hope!

Im not entirely sure which position Salkeld fits into the side - I’m hoping it’s not as the attacking player of the three in midfield, as I think we need more creative quality in that position than that. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Still better strike rate than all the strikers we had last season 

Very true but that might be a bit of a low benchmark! 

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Totally agree and would throw in some genuine creativity and pace from the midfield and wide areas as well. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Even if he's not going to be a goal a game striker we certainly lacked strong running last season. If he's contributing by dragging defenders to open up gaps for others and has decent link up play it is already a massive improvement on our almost static attacking third from the second half of last year.

Would agree with the general consensus of needing a creative attacking midfielder, would be great if they also came armed with a howitzer but maybe that is wishful thinking at this level, and a second striker is a must as one injury and we are gubbed as it stands.