The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Andre Wright was a panic signing... Let's not compare until we see him more...... On first impressions he looks half decent and at very least is fit...... Unlike Wright 

Agreed, I'd also mention that I've been doing a bit of research and his former coaches and Managers only have good things to say about him.

2 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Harsh.
Deserves at least more time against Hearts, playing level aside his goal record a couple of seasons back was remarkable, also thought he came across pretty well in his Bolton interview.

Expect Hopkin knows enough about Adeloye to make the call sooner.

Probably was, apologies. 

Would have preferred if we had waited till after the Hearts game to sign him but he’s maybe got other opportunities and there was a risk of him fucking off as well.

Almost unknown in Scottish football so hopefully he’ll do the business 

33 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Remember how excited we got over Dre Wright and his goal scoring record in Ireland. Let’s hope this guy has more impact.

I'll definitely be in the minority but in his early games I thought Wright looked like he'd do well for us. 

Like Gillespie when he came in from Ireland midway through the season, he was never fit in his time with us. 

2 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Surely Faal also worth a crack, thought he took his goal well, must be something there for Bolton to have taken a punt on him for 

Bolton were in League 1 at the time as well. In hindsight moving from non league and up 3 divisions was a big ask. Jamie Vardy esque miracles don't happen very often. 

Huge call from Hopkin if he is going to be our main striker, looking at his background I’m still to be convinced - especially after comparing it to Ugwu who was another option who played at a similar level. 

At least we have someone in and hopefully he does the business. 

Edited by No_Problemo