The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

It would be fantastic to see us in the top flight and don't think we would necessarily come straight back down.  I would like to see the number of teams in both leagues increase though.  I just don't like seeing us play teams 4 or more times a season and think games might be better without so much of a threat of relegation.

One of the greatest achievements to date must be playing in a the league cup final one week and the semi final of the Scottish cup the next weekend. 

Id like to see the SPL reduced by 2 teams personally. Not much interest in seeing us play those 2 pollutions.

The league and Scotland in general would be better without the arse cheeks.

2 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

A question that was fired around my group of mates on Friday... Winning the Championship would be the greatest achievement in most our life's as Ayr fans... but would you really want to be a bottom 6 SPL cannon fodder team? What's your guys opinion? Personally, I think the Championship is a fantastic league.

I kno djaffo quoted Livingston as an example but if you look at the gash Dundee team of last season(only beat us by a few points last season) looking likely that they will finish 5th.  

There isn’t as big a difference between the leagues anymore, if you look at Hamilton who came down and struggled and are now league one. Nothing is guaranteed but any team going up isn’t guaranteed to to be in the top half or fighting relegation. It depends on recruitment and the squad you get promoted with. If we recruit well this year and retain for next you only need one or two to cement your place in the league above 

In reality it's very rare that a team promoted out of this league is not significantly better, or at least significantly better-funded, than the rest of the league. If Raith had won it this time that would have been an interesting test.

It does make next season more interesting as unless West Lothian Council leave a truly record-breaking number of brown envelopes under park benches over the summer then there won't be a clear day 1 favourite.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In reality it's very rare that a team promoted out of this league is not significantly better, or at least significantly better-funded, than the rest of the league. If Raith had won it this time that would have been an interesting test.

It does make next season more interesting as unless West Lothian Council leave a truly record-breaking number of brown envelopes under park benches over the summer then there won't be a clear day 1 favourite.

I'm hopping the league stays as is with auto rel and promotion only. I think we're in for a very exciting season and I'm hoping we go balls out for it with recruitment... 

41 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I kno djaffo quoted Livingston as an example but if you look at the gash Dundee team of last season(only beat us by a few points last season) looking likely that they will finish 5th.  

There isn’t as big a difference between the leagues anymore, if you look at Hamilton who came down and struggled and are now league one. Nothing is guaranteed but any team going up isn’t guaranteed to to be in the top half or fighting relegation. It depends on recruitment and the squad you get promoted with. If we recruit well this year and retain for next you only need one or two to cement your place in the league above 

While I do agree overall that with the right people in charge it is without a doubt possible for a newly promoted club to be competitive in the Premiership, this really isn't the best example. They have a new manager and a completely different squad compared to last season, as well as a fairly competitive budget. Meanwhile Livi built on what they had and managed to remain competitive on a small budget through smart recruitment.

I personally think that about 4-5 quality signings are needed if you're newly promoted and want to compete. If you look at us in 2018 we had a decent core of a squad although with some weaknesses. That summer we signed Harvie, Smith, Murdoch and Doohan, all 4 were great players at Championship level which allowed us to compete rather than just treading water at the bottom.

Fingers crossed for some news regarding a retained list either tomorrow or Tuesday and some positive news on the transfer front soon, I don't think there will be a lot between most sides next season so some positive business done early could make the difference 🤞

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'm hopping the league stays as is with auto rel and promotion only. I think we're in for a very exciting season and I'm hoping we go balls out for it with recruitment... 

Get Inverness to f**k.  Replaced by literally anyone. 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Get Inverness to f**k.  Replaced by literally anyone. 

Would like to see Alloa or Montrose come up. Haven’t been to Links Park before so nice to tick that off maybe. On the other hand Andy Graham is just one of the soundest guys in Scottish football and Alloa as a club are good peeps. Decent scran as well. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Losing Inverness and replacing it with Montrose would be delicious.  

I've done montrose on a dark, cold Tuesday nict... no thanks haha! Why you hating on the Ness? Just the journey up there? 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Does anyone have any realistic signings that we would like to see (other than the loan players)? 

Kevin Holt if he gets let go by Dundee United would be a good replacement if McGinty goes. Also simultaneously sorts out the left back issue. 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Does anyone have any realistic signings that we would like to see (other than the loan players)? 

I would really like to see Ross Doohan back, can't get a game for Aberdeen, will have a relationship with Brown from his Celtic days and as mentioned previously Shaun Rooney has left Fleetwood would be a statement signing but I think he's out of our budget.

4 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I've done montrose on a dark, cold Tuesday nict... no thanks haha! Why you hating on the Ness? Just the journey up there? 

I did that night as well.  Cup tie where Trouten/Boyle were going prime Ronaldo/Messi

Aye it's a crap day out for me and I'm still scarred by their record v us.  Bin. 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Malcolm McCormack 2332 goals for Muirkirk this season not a bad return for a centre-back ideal replacement for McGinty. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Arthur Knight-Townley 23 year old striker from Brackley Town, 21 goals in the English 6 tier swear he’ll be the second coming of Dipo 

Edited by muZZa__44