The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If Chalmers stays in Dundee, more money and less travel makes sense. Might not be a good fit for him though, Ayr seems to be the only club he’s managed to stick. 
We will miss him if he goes massively. Murphy can’t play 90 minutes, of just doesn’t and McGeady is, well…you know. Amartey is direct but unlikely to create things out of nothing.

He’s worth extra money. 

Chalmers will strengthen any team in the Championship while weakening us, that's just a fact. 

It is what it is though. Got to trust the manager I guess. 

There's so many other players in this squad (all of them actually except Murphy) I'd be more than happy to see lining up against us next season though if anyone would like to come and take them off us.

I do feel bad for Albinson, who seems to have pretty much thrown his career away in the space of two weeks.

I also don't see this as indicative of who's staying, merely that there are a handful of players who were already informed they weren't even getting called in to talk about their futures once the season ended.

It’s a familiar feeling, our best players leaving and all the other clubs doing their business early. 
Suppose we have to get the unwanted players out the door first before we announce any new players. 

“Negotiations are already ongoing for a number of players to join the team and we are looking forward to supporting Scott & Steven to build their squad for the coming campaign.”

The club really doing everything to assure us that we’re actually active in the market compared to last season. 

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

The interesting thing about Logan is his goals , he’s on 9 and would have got up to about 12 if he had stayed in the team . He may well be better at 10 than on the wing . Be sad to see him go to a rival as it was with Mullin last year . Would love Mullin back but hey ho . 

I guess you're speaking more in hypotheticals but Mullin signed on a three year deal last summer. 

Chalmers would be an excellent signing for any side in this league. I'd expect both ourselves and Partick will be in contact with him after the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I guess you're speaking more in hypotheticals but Mullin signed on a three year deal last summer. 

Was kind of hoping , in the event of Logan going to Rovers , that they might want to mitigate the cost by offloading Josh and that Ayr would be the lucky recipient's of his services again .  

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

“Negotiations are already ongoing for a number of players to join the team and we are looking forward to supporting Scott & Steven to build their squad for the coming campaign.”

The club really doing everything to assure us that we’re actually active in the market compared to last season. 

To be fair, they said that last year as well. But - players on holiday, English release dates being later & other excuses showed that we were either lowballing or had done next to nothing to try and get players in other than waiting on players agents knocking on the front door of Somerset. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Chalmers would be an excellent signing for any side in this league. I'd expect both ourselves and Partick will be in contact with him after the playoffs. 

Have you heard of us being interested in Chalmers mate? Didn’t think we would be linked with many till we know what division we would be in?  I’m guessing would be the same for Raith as well?

14 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Have you heard of us being interested in Chalmers mate? Didn’t think we would be linked with many till we know what division we would be in?  I’m guessing would be the same for Raith as well?

It's more that Partick only appear to have two wingers, one of them out until early 2025. 

There was a rumour doing the rounds today that he's signing with us from a fan account (from our non affiliated seniors side no less).

If you're Chalmers, you'll likely wait until after the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's more that Partick only appear to have two wingers, one of them out until early 2025. 

There was a rumour doing the rounds today that he's signing with us from a fan account (from our non affiliated seniors side no less).

If you're Chalmers, you'll likely wait until after the playoffs. 

I don’t see why he’d wait. Raith are closer to home and I seriously doubt he’ll have an offer from a top flight side. 

It’s a loss for us whilst it strengthens a rival side but I don’t think he’s actually played well since Brown has come in. 

As much as I’d like to see us snap up the best players in the division on good money and 3 year deals, the reality at this stage in our progression is that there are teams that we cannot compete with.

Or put another way, I’m sure we could compete for one, two or even three of them, but would blow our budget out the water.

As a club, the board could dip into their pockets or put us in debt to do so, and take the gamble on promotion, but I don’t think we are ready as a club for that yet.

It doesn’t come down to ambition - what club doesn’t want to do we and progress?  It’s purely down to money.

I think we all want Logan to stay but he's not 100% irreplaceable like when Shankland left, if he's not going to sign, has a better offer or Brown thinks he does not fit and has what he thinks as better options then he goes with our good blessings, I did think he was closing down more than ever on Friday night and looked like he playing for a contract.

Amartey a solid option and seems more willing to try and adapt to Brown’s style and hopefully it works out, Murdoch I think has been a big miss but obviously the question on if he’s still the same player he was pre injury will be interesting 

14 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Amartey a solid option and seems more willing to try and adapt to Brown’s style and hopefully it works out, Murdoch I think has been a big miss but obviously the question on if he’s still the same player he was pre injury will be interesting 

Brown seems to want a larger squad with options all over the park so Amartey at least provides depth. Of the under contract players I think McGinty is a certainty to leave and Rose as well. 

Was there not chat of one of the Irish teams being interested in McGinty last season?  I'd be happy if he stayed, but equally if he's not going to figure into Brown's plans then it might be best if he can be allowed to move on.  

9 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

A regular in the first half of this season, Albinson kept five clean sheets in 22 appearances in all competitions in Season 2023/24.

And there it is.