The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Manager needs to change his tactics

this long ball missing out the midfield will see us relegated

need some attacking creative players signed ASAP 

We should get tshirts made up with these 3 statements. They'll never go out of fashion for a Hopkin managed team. They've predominately followed Hopkin wherever he's been manager, despite what the happy clappers gang on here will tell you. He ain't changing his ways, he simply can't / won't. 

The mention of the blame being on the board for appointing him has to gather more momentum as well to be honest. We should've clearly known, warts and all, what we were getting in terms of style, formation and recruitment. And if we didn't then shame on us for not checking thoroughly enough. Hopkin isn't changing a thing, it's what he does and it's how he does it. Regardless of who's paying his wages. 

New faces, maybe, same turgid ineffective football, definitely. 

Anybody skipping down Somerset Road for Tuesday's match, honestly needs their head checking. I'm all for supporting your team, but even after one game, the continued warning signs from last season are there for all to see. 

Its got the makings of a long old season already. 😭😭

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Bring on Tuesday night - can’t wait to get back in to Somerset!

Aye, you and me both.

I reserve the right to vent my spleen if I witness a turgid display like that on Tuesday night. 🤬

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, you and me both.

I reserve the right to vent my spleen if I witness a turgid display like that on Tuesday night. 🤬

I don’t see any way in which we won’t witness that...

If Edinburgh City sit in we will create nothing whatsoever. 

29 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A change in playing style is needed. We saw enough of the long ball last season to last a lifetime. A full season of watching that eye bleeding style will make me regret signing up for 21/22

I'll make the jokes. 

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

I knew Ayr wouldn't have the greatest squad because they signed half of Morton but seeing that that lineup on paper today screams relegation battle along with us.

Our starting lineup today would finish tenth, without any form of battle tbh.