The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mental that fans haven’t been in for 18 months yet the players are quite rightly going to be booed on and off the park. 

I don’t think they will be booed on , but performance like that will likely lead to being booed off 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tuesday night, Ayr take kick off, Adeloye knocks it back to Muirhead, Muirhead takes a touch then launches it long. 

me in the crowd - DO IT 

Fyfy

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Salkeld playing as an ersatz striker today is the most incredibly positive harbinger.

He was a winger and centre mid, never a striker. 

In other news, Ted Lasso returns for season 2 in two weeks.
Completely unrelated to anything going on here of course.
Excellent news, had no idea it was that soon. Between that and the Olympics I should have enough to occupy me for a few weeks at least before I am subjected to our dross of a team.

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Only rumour at moment but the guy is normally not far away , he said 2 games , not sure if today was one of them 

I'll be gutted if true. We are really missing creativity and Moffat has that in spades. Think he could do a good job of feeding Adeloye.

Imagine you are Dave Smith

You have a flourishing construction company. You hire a new site manager despite knowing that he has experimental house building techniques that often leads to the houses falling down, but you have faith in him. 

So here you are, standing in a pile of rubble and all your customers complaining, while a grown man who insists on being called his nickname makes an arse of another house. 

At what point do you fire him or at the very least tell him to stop building houses like that?

David Hopkin: “We should be winning that game with the chances we had in the first half, so I’m disappointed. The squad is down to the bare bones, defensively we’re fine but you can see we need more in the middle of the park and up front.”

In other news, water is wet. 

If only he'd been in charge for the last 4 months he could have done something about that. 

19 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Where did it say we were guaranteed players from them? Remember there were 4 link up clubs - so they’re each getting 2/3 players, which are also U23s? I took from it we get access to coaching support and other help. Hopefully we end up with another Kelly but some people seem to be pinning a lot of hope on this when it seems like a very long shot.

As part of the deal, United's top young talent will be given a direct pathway to the English Premiership at Turf Moor.

In return, Ayr will recruit some of Burnley's up and coming stars on loan deals, while the clubs will work closely on a range of off field interests.

All clubs’ academies and women’s teams will compete in a summer pre-season games and tournaments, while loan deals for the Clarets’ academy players to gain experience will also be considered.

Burnley, who will send their Under-23s north this summer, hope to schedule a pre-season friendly with Ayr so that United can run the rule over potential loan signings.