The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why would signing Maxwell mean Chalmers would be moved on? Centre mid it the area we’re weakest in at the moment so Chalmers will be staying put. 

Cant see Chalmers lasting in Hoopy’s style off play .  He’s better suited to Astro Turf with Alloa or Airdrie ..

It's a weird one Redding has been our standout performer at LWB so far and you would think if Maxwell is coming in on loan Rangers won't want him warming the bench, so either Paddy is moving on or it's a change of position to RWB or further forward, interesting to see what Hopkin and the lad say when it's confirmed but looking at his dad's twitter it looks like a 100% happening

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip. I was North Terracing and stupidly didnt put suncream on. Forehead, nose and scalp red raw. Fingers crossed Saturday isnt as warm 

I never got the scalp. My hair protected me. I do have that annoying white outline of my sun glasses though. I also didn't shave today as assume the bottom half of my face was protected by my beard/stubble.🤣

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Best get the factor 50 looked out

Already done.

bart simpson maggie GIF

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I never got the scalp. My hair protected me. I do have that annoying white outline of my sun glasses though. I also didn't shave today as assume the bottom half of my face was protected by my beard/stubble.🤣

Already done.

bart simpson maggie GIF

I have hair but my scalp is still red raw, and yip I have that glasses thing as well 🤣 seems we either get freezing cold and pishing wet at the football, or burnt alive. No middle ground! 

Edited by Thereisalight..

I think Maxwell signing would suggest Hopkin moving away from 5-3-2 to a 4-4-2 system and pushing Reading on.

He played 5 at the back away at Arbroath and we were 3-0 down by the time we brought McKenzie on for Roscoe in the 34th minute. I'm sure Barjonas in the first minute and Walsh in the last minute had our only two shots at goal that day. 

We used it against Albion Rovers first game of the season which finished 0-0 against a team we beat 5-2 at the same stage last year and despite what someone said earlier it looked to me like we switched to a back 4 against Edinburgh City with Muirhead in more of a midfield holding role.

Also based on Saturday I'm not sure Chalmers contributed enough at LM and seems to be more of a passenger when he plays CM to suggest he's good enough to start without us having to build the whole team around him.

As well as giving him the opportunity to play first-team football and experience living away from home, the move would hand him a chance to impress sufficiently to earn a new contract, with his current deal set to expire at the end of the season.

Ayr United are also said to be interested in the teenager, but for the reasons listed above, a move to Scandinavia would surely be a better option than a return to the Scottish second tier, a level at which he’s already proven himself.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/transfer-news/rangers-player-could-make-quirky-loan-move-to-scandinavia-report/

McAdams

Fjortoft
Muirhead
McGinty

Reading
Murdoch
Dorrans
Gomez Mancini
Maxwell

Adeloye
Smith

Decent starting XI there but I seriously doubt we’ll get either of Dorrans or Smith.