The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I always remember a goal Andy Millen scored down the Railway end, I think it must have been 1997/98 and I think it was against Hamilton. Anyway, it was late in a game we had to win and the score was 1-1. Nothing was working for us going forward and with a few minutes left Millen took it on himself to drive out of defence, play a neat one-two then hammer home the winner.

16 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

If the right Scottish club came in with the cash he'll be away, don't see it myself, Celtic, Rangers and Hibs being the only ones I'd be scared of, as he's a blue nose, we're probably down to Hibs.

Would be amazed if Hibs felt the need to take another striker. So hopefully we’re sorted once the English window shuts then.

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

The deadline is in two hours. It's unlikely Grimsby or Cheltenham are sending a helicopter for him. I think we can relax.

Deadline is only for EPL and Championship clubs.

Deadline is only for EPL and Championship clubs.

It’s not. It applies to all English clubs.

Going back to the question earlier I think if he’s still here at 5 o’clock then we’ll be ok.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Would be amazed if Hibs felt the need to take another striker. So hopefully we’re sorted once the English window shuts then.

I'll certainly be breathing easier after 5pm, can't see a Scottish club splashing the cash required IIBH.

Just now, ayrmad said:

I'll certainly be breathing easier after 5pm, can't see a Scottish club splashing the cash required IIBH.

Even if some of them did, I’m hopeful he’d see that he can do better than shite like Dundee.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Even if some of them did, I’m hopeful he’d see that he can do better than shite like Dundee.

That's why I'm only scared of Hibs, they've got the cash from McGinn and they play the style of football that would enable Lawrence to shine.

That's why I'm only scared of Hibs, they've got the cash from McGinn and they play the style of football that would enable Lawrence to shine.

With the strikers Hibs have Shankland wouldn’t get a look in atm. Celtic and Rangers won’t bid for him. Aberdeen won’t as McInnes won’t want to make it look like he was wrong letting him go and Hearts would probably only consider a bid if they sold Lafferty.

While we're on the nostalgia thread, the 4-1 post just reminded me of our old fanzine !!

Them were the days, when you used to look forward to your programme and fanzine, although in some respects I suppose P&B is just an interactive updated version of the fanzine for the 21st century !!!

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Are we thinking that if Sir Lawrence is still here tomorrow that we’ve got him til January at least then? Or is there still potential for someone in Scotland to go for him and him to want to go there?

I think in January he will be signing a pre-contract to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think in January he will be signing a pre-contract to be honest. 

I'll be over the moon if that's the outcome of all this.

Best wind up I’ve heard in years and I’m still laughing on the inside......

what he heard...

A deal worth £2m, included in that is Jones valued at £500k and a RB Ferguson and the rest made up with dot dash. 

A ‘diehard’ Ayr fan telling me that with ‘poker face’ was funny. 

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

An hour and 15 min to the English window shuts, would be shocked if a fee, terms and a medical can be pushed through now, really don't see shankland moving to another Scottish club at this point so we should be ok to January at least.

I'll relax when AYR mention after 5pm that they've not received an acceptable bid yet.

Shankland' short term future is probably the biggest issue Ayr have faced in a very long time, that's including our 4 recent promotions.

Edited by ayrmad