The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What's the story with Muirhead, heard he has been training in Dumfries lately? Fall out? 

Muirhead is mainly  training at Ayr I have seen him at the sessions , looking at training today I would think he is at least 2 weeks away , doing a lot of work with physio and not taking part in the bounce games at training 

33 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Not sure how I'd feel about him, alot of baggage for sure and may disrupt the dressing room. He's one of those infuriating guys that is clearly talented but chose to fanny about instead.

I’m not sure he is tbf, a roaster for definite - but is possibly more the type that can lift a very negative dressing room. 

This is a horribly depressing request but is anyone more tech savvy than me able to make a gif of McGinty defending for QoS opener last week?. Been trying to explain to a colleague how bad we actually are at the back and they just won't believe me.  

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

This is a horribly depressing request but is anyone more tech savvy than me able to make a gif of McGinty defending for QoS opener last week?. Been trying to explain to a colleague how bad we actually are at the back and they just won't believe me.  

@wuffsterwill have you covered.

10 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The third goal is no better either Fjortoft literally steps to the side to allow the Queens player to play it through to Todd while McGinty is moving as if he has skates on. 

25 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Yeah he's fucking mad. The kinda guy that would set fireworks off from his arse cheeks.. sign him .

Every dressing room can use a maniac , gets the crown switched on as well . I remember George Dandy McLean being one of those types . Was getting some hands on marking at corners one time , so Dandy pulls of his shirt and hands it to the boy .... Quality ... I’m liking this rumour ......

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Why should this game get rearranged all the Championship clubs will be losing income and have No fans for atleast 3 weeks get on with it.... 

I get the feeling that's what the SPFL will say and give it the big thumbs down 

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I get the feeling that's what the SPFL will say and give it the big thumbs down 

Most likely - and it’ll be yet another indication of the shitshow of an organisation that they are. 

- Showcase a local derby with a big crowd?
- Allow actual fans to attend a derby?  
- Do what both clubs are in agreement about? 

Nah, get it played in an empty ground. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Most likely - and it’ll be yet another indication of the shitshow of an organisation that they are. 

- Showcase a local derby with a big crowd?
- Allow actual fans to attend a derby?  
- Do what both clubs are in agreement about? 

Nah, get it played in an empty ground. 

If the game is timed to coincide with both clubs having  new managers , window signings etc then the attendance could creep north of 10,000 . A perfect offer for live tv , advertisers and as you said showcasing the Championship in a decent light . But no , no Glasgow bigotry On show  nothing to see here ,move on ... 

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The third goal is no better either Fjortoft literally steps to the side to allow the Queens player to play it through to Todd while McGinty is moving as if he has skates on. 

Aye they are all awful - the simple one step from McGinty for first goal seemed the most simple for Gif form though.  The most basic basic basic of pub league centre half errors from a set piece.   The others at least QoS had to make a dribble or pass or run for. 

51 minutes ago, North British said:

Every dressing room can use a maniac , gets the crown switched on as well . I remember George Dandy McLean being one of those types . Was getting some hands on marking at corners one time , so Dandy pulls of his shirt and hands it to the boy .... Quality ... I’m liking this rumour ......

There's different types of character / maniacs though. The type you describe who do their talking on the pitch and those who do their talking off the pitch, letting down their colleagues and employer at the same time. 

There's a huge difference between the two. Cummings would be a fantastic addition if he was fit and motivated. 

He's clearly not in that place consistently enough, it's a risk we'd be well letting somebody else take.

If we've got the budget to sign Cummings, I'll give the club two or three names that would do as good a job but without the baggage, risk and headaches  he'd likely give us. 

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I notice Paul Smith has been recalled from Cumnock, no idea what position he plays

Think he's a right mid if I remember correctly? Could just be wanting a look at him before loaning him back out or cover if Maxwell or Bradley go? 

Afolabi I'm almost certain won't be here by the end of January. 

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Why should this game get rearranged all the Championship clubs will be losing income and have No fans for atleast 3 weeks get on with it.... 

The bigger question would be what does it have to do with Queen of the South? I don't see why any other club should have the slightest bit of interest in two teams mutually agreeing to rearrange a game.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The bigger question would be what does it have to do with Queen of the South? I don't see why any other club should have the slightest bit of interest in two teams mutually agreeing to rearrange a game.

That's right. Because you certainly would have never commented on a thread that didn't directly involve Kilmarnock FC would you? 🙄

Also, I'm not sure why this seriously needs explained but you know "Supersouth" isn't the same as Queen of the South? It's possible for a football fan to have a view or comment on something without it having anything to do with the club he supports at all. What a very odd comment from you Craig.

Edit - And clearly if Kilmarnock and Ayr are allowed to rearrange their game then a precedent has been set and every fixture in this semi closed door period would be able to make the same application and expect it to be allowed if both clubs agree. So actually it's very relevant to every club in the division.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

12 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Afolabi I'm almost certain won't be here by the end of January

I hope you are right. Though I wouldn't have thought in Jason Cummings either 🤔

Mathie probably has a better idea than most, who'd be a good attacking option for this team. I'd hope he gets someone with experience and capable of playing decent football, Afolabi just hadn't looked interested at all since he started 😔

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's right. Because you certainly would have never commented on a thread that didn't directly involve Kilmarnock FC would you? 🙄

Also, I'm not sure why this seriously needs explained but you know "Supersouth" isn't the same as Queen of the South? It's possible for a football fan to have a view or comment on something without it having anything to do with the club he supports at all. What a very odd comment from you Craig.

Edit - And clearly if Kilmarnock and Ayr are allowed to rearrange their game then a precedent has been set and every fixture in this semi closed door period would be able to make the same application and expect it to be allowed if both clubs agree. So actually it's very relevant to every club in the division.

The point of his post was "all the other clubs have to play in front of limited crowds", so I was asking him why he thought that mattered.

If the other clubs had, on the whole, wanted to rearrange their own games then they would have voted for the option of doing so when they had the chance to do so three days ago.

The SPFL had no issue with various League 1 and League 2 games being moved around Christmas and New Year, and has previously granted permission to Premiership clubs to postpone games to prepare for European ties, so it is hardly without precedent as it is.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The point of his post was "all the other clubs have to play in front of limited crowds", so I was asking him why he thought that mattered.

If the other clubs had, on the whole, wanted to rearrange their own games then they would have voted for the option of doing so when they had the chance to do so three days ago.

The SPFL had no issue with various League 1 and League 2 games being moved around Christmas and New Year, and has previously granted permission to Premiership clubs to postpone games to prepare for European ties, so it is hardly without precedent as it is.

They never have an issue with games being brought forward, for very obvious reasons as there's no down side to it. They'll not have done much allowing of clubs to postpone games in Covid circumstances so that point has no merit and sets no precedent.

It's very obvious why it matters frankly and anyone who wants to is entitled to comment on it and query it, but you know this.