The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, Iain said:

Must feel great to know more than everyone else, right? 😂

Don’t know anymore than the next person , I think Djaffo and myself just happen to be listening to the same person ,

Edited by Finlay21

Both would be a gamble that’s for sure

Yup

I think it’s clear that this is the road we’re going down though. The vast majority of names being linked are young coaches looking for their first job. Mathie wants someone that is eager to prove themselves and also someone that I think he can guide and help along the way. It’s not quite the same as Mark Kerr as I think there’s a difference from appointing from outside the club to just promoting from within but it’s along the same lines. Hopefully it works out very differently this time.

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Both would be a gamble that’s for sure

Any new coach is a gamble at any team , many big names in the game have fell away this season in all leagues , I would certainly take any of those 2  over some of the failed managers being banded about 

Edited by Finlay21

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

. It’s not quite the same as Mark Kerr as I think there’s a difference from appointing from outside the club to just promoting from within but it’s along the same lines. Hopefully it works out very differently this time.

Totally agree.

Mark Kerr was a wholly uninspiring choice. Can’t see how he was ever going to motivate a team and had limited coaching experience. 

All the “inexperienced” names being mentioned now have far more experience than Kerr had.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Hopefully whoever gets it it's because they were the outstanding performer at interview and not a compromise candidate.

Cant see it being any other way , it will be the right person that Mathie and the board select to take the club to where they want to go so don’t know why they would compromise , some of the candidates maybe were uneasy on the challenge 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Really anxious to find out who we are getting! I hate waiting 

Some people won’t be happy whoever it is . But I think it’s very important to back the new manager and club . There putting in place a plan which has not been seen since the Barr days and even then there wasn’t much of a plan .