The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Murdoch on the right . Dempsey Kenyan McInroy central , Maxwell left . Tomi on for 30 mins at the end to pinch it . This is for Arbroath only . After that perhaps a 442 . 

That’s a very conservative line up and you’re giving Ashford little to no support.

I’d maybe stick Murdoch wide right and have McInroy and Dempsey in midfield but have Ashford and Adeloye up front. Maxwell wide left.

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Jim Duffy on off the ball today

Tam Cowan - You'll be happy Ayr got pumped last night aye Jim?

Jim Duffy - Aye

What an odious man.

I've genuinely never seen an Ayr manager look so disinterested and just spout forth stock phrases and clichés. 

We were right to get rid. He managed to win 3 league matches in 14 tries. Bullen has 4 wins in 10 league matches (counting Abroath at home when he just took over).

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d maybe stick Murdoch wide right and have McInroy and Dempsey in midfield but have Ashford and Adeloye up front. Maxwell wide left.

I’m not adverse to that line up either . Just that if we have a fit and ready asset like Kenyan we really should be using it , he’s supposed to be a leader and a bit of a ticket , so yeah I’d be wanting to get him involved pronto . 

On a different note the silver lining from last nights beasting is that the ticket takings could facilitate a healthy two year deal for Dempsey . Get it done Bully ...

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayr players dads liking posts on twitter calling Bullen an idiot. FFS

Fans shouldn't have their opinion removed just cause their child plays for the team.  

If I were to guess, I'd imagine Maxwell's dad for subbing his son off?

Aye that really killed us off.

Can’t be fucked with players relatives playing to the gallery like that. I genuinely wouldn’t attribute any blame to Bullen after last night.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye that really killed us off.

Can’t be fucked with players relatives playing to the gallery like that. I genuinely wouldn’t attribute any blame to Bullen after last night.

Aye, something else came up on my Twitter with Maxwell’s Dad calling the substitutions “embarrassing.” Only thing embarrassing was the performance of every single player on the park up to that point, and no one could have any complaints about being taken off. As well as the behaviour to moan about your boy coming off, after playing his part in that utter shambles. 

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

TBF to Maxwell he could have ran off down the dug out in the huff but walked round the park and clapped the fans

Yeah, it isn’t Maxwell’s issue - he certainly isn’t the too big for his boots type. It’ll be mortifying for him having that from a family member on Twitter too. Maxwell is obviously perfectly entitled to feel disappointed at being substituted. 

Edited by No_Problemo

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

What was naïve about his set up last night ? Most fans would have been happy with the selection considering Dempsey didn’t train the week before and was still carrying a slight knock that’s why he didn’t start , last night was nothing to do with being naïve it was purely down to horrendous defending and individual errors 

Don’t really care if the fans are happy with the selection - this isn’t a committee system.  It’s the manager’s responsibility to set the team up and we were an utter shambles.  There was a lot more wrong last night than just individual errors, though that is a useful conclusion if you want to absolve Bullen of any responsibility.  Kilmarnock were clearly looking to play to Lafferty’s physicality and get runners in behind - I don’t think we had the first idea how we planned to deal with that.  As others have said, it looked like a classic case of “this team worked against an awful Raith side, so let’s just try that again”.   Dempsey played 70 minutes without issue so there was clearly no reason why he couldn’t have started the game.  

After sacking 3 managers in less than a year, we can only hope that Bullen is the man going forward.  But honestly, the level of completely unearned hype around the guy is ridiculous.  The unlikely win at Rugby Park bought him a lot of goodwill, and rightly so, but the home performances since he took over have been woeful.  Outplayed and outthought by Dougie Imrie’s Morton and Willie Gibson’s QOS in crunch relegation 6 pointers, a feeble capitulation against St Mirren in the cup and now a derby performance that I think most are agreed was the worst in living memory.  

The midfield 3 of Murdoch, Dempsey and McInroy looked like something we could build around, so hopefully we will see that return next week.

Edited by HMIP

Don’t really care if the fans are happy with the selection - this isn’t a committee system.  It’s the manager’s responsibility to set the team up and we were an utter shambles.  There was a lot more wrong last night than just individual errors, though that is a useful conclusion if you want to absolve Bullen of any responsibility.  Kilmarnock were clearly looking to play to Lafferty’s physicality and get runners in behind - I don’t think we had the first idea how we planned to deal with that.  As others have said, it looked like a classic case of “this team worked against an awful Raith side, so let’s just try that again”.   Dempsey played 70 minutes without issue so there was clearly no reason why he couldn’t have started the game.  
After sacking 3 managers in less than a year, we can only hope that Bullen is the man going forward.  But honestly, the level of completely unearned hype around the guy is ridiculous.  The unlikely win at Rugby Park bought him a lot of goodwill, and rightly so, but the home performances since he took over have been woeful.  Outplayed and outthought by Dougie Imrie’s Morton and Willie Gibson’s QOS in crunch relegation 6 pointers, a feeble capitulation against St Mirren in the cup and now a derby performance that I think most are agreed was the worst in living memory.  
The midfield 3 of Murdoch, Dempsey and McInroy looked like something we could build around, so hopefully we will see that return next week.

Who said that Dempsey couldn’t start the game? The reason he didn’t start was because we played 4-4-2 which should’ve been fine if we hadn’t given Kilmarnock three easy goals.

If you thought we lost last night because of how we set up then I really don’t know what to tell you.