The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Is the player of the year actually tonight? 

Quite impressive that we haven’t even bothered to update winners this year. Absolutely nothing other than “full time whistle sounds” after the game tonight either. I mean you might at least mention we have avoided the playoff, and start to build some kind of theme towards next season…

It really is utterly fucking bizarre by this point. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

No one knows what he’s delivering off the pitch. Just because you don’t like him because some unconscious/conscious bias doesn’t mean he hasn’t brought anything to the club. For all we know, he could be the reason brown is at the club now! 

I have zero bias and I don’t dislike him at all.

I have just seen with my own eyes that he has done nothing on the pitch.

I agree that he may well be doing things off it that may benefit the club, but who knows!

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Quite impressive that we haven’t even bothered to update winners this year. Absolutely nothing other than “full time whistle sounds” after the game tonight either. I mean you might at least mention we have avoided the playoff, and start to build some kind of theme towards next season…

To be fair to Mathie, he tweeted this

It’s not really something to celebrate, more a relief.

O’Neils will do a promo video for the new shirts, it’ll be in their interests, but the club b need to sell the f**k out of next season. The last year has been dreadful and new stand or not, the support won’t show up if things continue the way they are, the whole club needs a boot up the arse and if the folk in charge can’t see it, then they are asleep at the wheel. 

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Announcing who won the POTY award could give Dunfermline an advantage for Friday.

24 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Since it’s not been announced, Murphy won player of the year and Stanger won young player of the year.

If anyone’s interested.

Anything of interest said by Mathie, Smith or Brown? 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Anything of interest said by Mathie, Smith or Brown? 

I wasn’t there. I’m in Vics in Prestwick and most of the squad are here.

Really do appreciate supporting a smaller club like us when you can meet the entire squad and have conversations with them all on a night out. Trying to sell it to my Rangers supporting pal who will never meet Tavernier in the Black Bull in Mauchline for example.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I wasn’t there. I’m in Vics in Prestwick and most of the squad are here.

Really do appreciate supporting a smaller club like us when you can meet the entire squad and have conversations with them all on a night out. Trying to sell it to my Rangers supporting pal who will never meet Tavernier in the Black Bull in Mauchline for example.

Aye I see that. Makes me laugh that there’s Celtic season ticket holders who will be idolising Scott Brown but will never have said two words to him. Then you’ll get random Ayr punters who have a far greater chance of bumping into him if they’re out a walk near the uni when the squad are training or in and around the club shop. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

Really has been quite strange the output from the club as of late, especially this week as has been said. Hopefully we'll get some sort of idea of what the 'plan' is now for next season, because as it stands I have absolutely no clue what to expect, nor much enthusiasm for it anyways, so that's something else they need to try and muster among the support.

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t hope Morton go down, I just find it funny that they give it the big’in to Ayr but finish below us a lot. 

It would be funny though. They're an absolute steaming turd of a team.

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Right Back

Nick McAllister, Dylan Watret

Left Back

Paddy Reading

Watret needs another season at a lower level to bed in. Reading and McAllister need to find clubs at a level that suits them, which isn't the Championship.

5 minutes ago, FergR said:

Feels like they have given up on comms. Needs a reboot. 

Comms have been garbage ever since McCall left and for a club that wants to think of itself as professionally run it is simply unacceptable.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Watret needs another season at a lower level to bed in. Reading and McAllister need to find clubs at a level that suits them, which isn't the Championship.

Comms have been garbage ever since McCall left and for a club that wants to think of itself as professionally run it is simply unacceptable.

Remember when mathie first came in, there were comms every few days. Think the focus on that has really been lost, hopefully it improves significantly next season 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Remember when mathie first came in, there were comms every few days. Think the focus on that has really been lost, hopefully it improves significantly next season 

I've got about as much faith in the club signing a proper head of communication or media as in them signing two experienced fullbacks, but I suppose both are within the realm of possibility.