The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

5/6 top quality players please

Sounds about right. I think there’s guys that looked done that Brown has managed to get back to their best. I was all in favour of getting shot of Musonda but he was very good today albeit I’d want a proper left back playing every week. 

3 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Hows Akinyemi doing down south?

15 goals and 10 assists for a York City team that just managed to stay up after a very poor season for them considering the amount of money it sounded like they put into this season

Edited by muZZa__44

I wonder if there was anyone who has signed on next year will get announced next week. If you market that alongside season tickets and new strips it could maybe add a wee boost to the finances a bit earlier. 

Browns comments sound like they've already spoken to some people as well. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Like McCallister, it wouldn’t bother me, as long as they had competition. 

oh same here, just i know how the reactions will probably go if we do re-sigh him

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

oh same here, just i know how the reactions will probably go if we do re-sigh him

Musonda has done ok, actually looked good at left back in recent weeks but I wouldn’t want to play him there every week. 
We need a right back, a left back and a centre half. If that centre half is going to be sanders and we keep Musonda, then I’m not sure any of our defensive problems are solved at all. 

We need 4-5 quality players and a mix of utility/squad players - mcalllister and reading are ideal players  in the latter category. 

Hopefully Brown has his eye on a few quality signings and we can do more than survive next season. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

3 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

We need 4-5 quality players and a mix of utility/squad players - mcalllister and reading are ideal players  in the latter category. 

Hopefully Brown has his eye on a few quality signings and we can do more than survive next season. 

Not losing to Chalmers and Dowds would be a start. Then signing the best players from the teams round about that are out of contract. Guys that have proven themselves at this level. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Musonda has done ok, actually looked good at left back in recent weeks but I wouldn’t want to play him there every week. 
We need a right back, a left back and a centre half. If that centre half is going to be sanders and we keep Musonda, then I’m not sure any of our defensive problems are solved at all. 

Centre Back IMO may be the sole position i'm not as worried about at least compared to everywhere else, McGinty we know what we get out of him, Stanger i would argue has been maybe our 3rd best signing this season and is IMO should be one of the main starting centre backs, Musonda i would like to keep as i think we always look better with then without him and as much as injuries/international duty takes him away would rather have him 60/70% of the time then doing that elsewhere, Sanders i'm not convinced by 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Not losing to Chalmers and Dowds would be a start. Then signing the best players from the teams round about that are out of contract. Guys that have proven themselves at this level. 

Brown used the word pace . Not sure those two could be described as pacey ! However I’d be hopeful that both stay . 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ideally. Mind, we’re competing with a few other teams with the same idea.