The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I wasn’t there. I’m in Vics in Prestwick and most of the squad are here.

Really do appreciate supporting a smaller club like us when you can meet the entire squad and have conversations with them all on a night out. Trying to sell it to my Rangers supporting pal who will never meet Tavernier in the Black Bull in Mauchline for example.

Aye its something you just don't get at bigger clubs. I mind celebrating the League 1 title victory in Harleys with the whole squad. That was fucking class. 

The big fermer thought I was so sound that he bought me a drink*.

*He accidentally knocked my full drink out my hand and insisted on buying me another. He likely did not think I was sound.

Edited by AUcal

I think the club are still in the huff with the fans because we forced them to sack Bullen and bring in a proper manager.  

We’re definitely getting the silent treatment.  Maybe some chocolate and flowers are in order.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

I think the club are still in the huff with the fans because we forced them to sack Bullen and bring in a proper manager.  

We’re definitely getting the silent treatment.  Maybe some chocolate and flowers are in order.

They forced us to force them.

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Surely we were justified in our decision though? They should be bringing us chocolate and champagne never mind flowers

I truly believe that had Bullen stayed we’d be cut adrift and fighting Arbroath for the play off spot.

9 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Aye its something you just don't get at bigger clubs. I mind celebrating the League 1 title victory in Harleys with the whole squad. That was fucking class.

Think it was the second time that Reid got promoted that the team bus drove straight to Cactus Jak's? You don't get your Old Firm posing with giant plastic statues of John Wayne.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Surely we were justified in our decision though? They should be bringing us chocolate and champagne never mind flowers

I truly believe that had Bullen stayed we’d be cut adrift and fighting Arbroath for the play off spot.

Being 2 down inside 10 minutes to a Dunfermline side that could barely get 11 players on the park pretty much summed up where we were going.  

13 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Being 2 down inside 10 minutes to a Dunfermline side that could barely get 11 players on the park pretty much summed up where we were going.  

I was in Ayr for a home game for once and took one look at the weather and flatly told myself I was staying in. Even managing to rescue a draw that day didn't prevent me feeling happy with the decision.

On the 13th of January Bullen thought all his Christmases had come at once after managing to get a clean sheet in a shit 0-0 that meant Ayr stayed off the foot of the table. Twenty points clear now.

8 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Came on to say similar. Strong and pacey. 

Home MotM was Luke McBeth and he had a few ropey moments.

Pacey ! Just what Brown is after . The rumours of him signing might just be true huh ?

The club didn’t sack Bullen because of the fans though. They were obviously giving him every chance possible but once we slipped into 9th the decision was made. The club were entirely justified in calling out some of the abuse folk were dishing out but for some reason people interpreted that as the club being forced into getting rid of him because of stuff we said. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The club were entirely justified in calling out some of the abuse folk were dishing out but for some reason people interpreted that as the club being forced into getting rid of him because of stuff we said. 

Probably because, as repeatedly discussed, the club barely tweets to say that there's a fucking home game on a given day and yet somehow finds the time to make fully 50% of all content on the website articles blaming the fans for something. (That the fans are indeed to blame for various things is not the point.)

9 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I wasn’t there. I’m in Vics in Prestwick and most of the squad are here.

Really do appreciate supporting a smaller club like us when you can meet the entire squad and have conversations with them all on a night out. Trying to sell it to my Rangers supporting pal who will never meet Tavernier in the Black Bull in Mauchline for example.

This!! I had this after the Brechin play off promotion game. It was an incredible night... Doing shots with Lachlan in Mcarthrs and nearly fighting with Moff for singing Celtic songs in Club to far 🤣 It was an experience you couldn't put a price on!

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

This!! I had this after the Brechin play off promotion game. It was an incredible night... Doing shots with Lachlan in Mcarthrs and nearly fighting with Moff for singing Celtic songs in Club to far 🤣 It was an experience you couldn't put a price on!

Just realised the Brechin playoff final was THIRTEEN years ago and feel old as f**k now.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Just realised the Brechin playoff final was THIRTEEN years ago and feel old as f**k now.

That day and a infamous away day to Dingwall are two of my favourite AUFC memories. 

15 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ideal scenario is, we finish above wee Morton again and Ruari Paton gets relegated. 

There is also a scenario that Ayr Lose, Queens Park win and they finish above you ??? Oh.....and Ruari Paton is in the team of the year and shortlisted for the player of the year...voted for by the players.  Any team in the Championship  would want a striker and footballer like that.  Ayr had their opportunity last summer. 

15 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Paton snubbed us after agreeing a deal, then had his tantrum a month or so back against us. I hope he’s either playing for Ayr or playing against plumbers and fitness instructors next season on a tour or seaside towns and villages. 

Paton did not snub Ayr. He is very close to Graeme Mathie from his time at Hibs. There was no deal agreed. Only discussions. He is a good footballer and striker and any Championship team would be interested 

23 minutes ago, It is our time to shine said:

There is also a scenario that Ayr Lose, Queens Park win and they finish above you ??? Oh.....and Ruari Paton is in the team of the year and shortlisted for the player of the year...voted for by the players.  Any team in the Championship  would want a striker and footballer like that.  Ayr had their opportunity last summer. 

Paton found. 

The only person likely to be this irrationally angry at this time on a Sunday morning.