The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If you’re talking about pace then it has to be in the full back, central midfield and wide areas. I don’t think every signing is going to be a sprinter but McCall spoke about the big jump from League 1 to the Championship being pace. I have absolutely no idea who Brown plans on keeping on next season but I’m safe in the knowledge that he’ll be wanting to get a head start on planning for next season and that means getting players locked down early on. 

The focus after today has to be shifted to central midfield. McHugh started okay today but fell away as the game went on. Dempsey might’ve had his worst performance in an Ayr jersey yet however. Countless attacks broke down from one of his misplaced passes.

Again I thought today looked like our best back 4 combination all season. The 4 centre back pairing seems to work well probably down to the fact Stanger and Musonda are good defenders while also being 2 of our best ball-players.

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The focus after today has to be shifted to central midfield. McHugh started okay today but fell away as the game went on. Dempsey might’ve had his worst performance in an Ayr jersey yet however. Countless attacks broke down from one of his misplaced passes.

Again I thought today looked like our best back 4 combination all season. The 4 centre back pairing seems to work well probably down to the fact Stanger and Musonda are good defenders while also being 2 of our best ball-players.

100% this so far only Dempsey and Syla signed up one of which has had arguably his weakest season in Dempsey and Syla who i argue is more a Defensive midfielder/Squad Player, Murdoch is a big ? depending on if he's still the same player he was after his injury and Smith just doesn't seem to be good enough and McHugh i've not been overly impressed with

McHugh goes and Murdoch will hopefully be back in next season, we still need someone else. Crawford is out of contract at Morton I think. We really need someone who can play the Mark Kerr role and dictate play or someone who can carry the ball forward like Crawford to play in a midfield with the three we already have at the club.

Id expect Smith to be freed, McGinley and maybe Rose will move to Hamilton if they win the play-offs. 
Willoughby, Sanders, Dowds, McHugh, Dowds and Chalmers will need replaced. 

I'm still convinced he will go with a 3 at the back and wing backs next season and that's where the pace will come in, Sila and Dempsey can cover those more Defensive Midfielders but I would like a good hard midfielder in the mold of Brown himself in there, we need a creative midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and make something happen a Cammy Smith type and maybe some one to come in for Murphy at that 60 minute mark but we might have that in Franny, Would be happy with the centre backs we have as long as we invest in those wing backs.

New Keeper

new RWB 

Stanger RCB 

Sanders CB

Musonda LCB

new LWB

new CM

new CM

new ACM

RF Chalmers 

CF Dowdes 

LF Murphy 

Edited by Superhursty7

i'd like us to try and do more gambles on the league below the 2 players we did bring in from down there turned out to be a success (Stanger) and did his role well enough (Mutch as back up keeper)

I think our overall squad could look something like this next season. This is on the assumption that we keep the likes of Clarke, Dowds, Sanders and Chalmers. Might be optimistic but I think they will stay. Fans will be split on Clarke but I like what he gives us in terms of distribution and how comfortable he is on the ball. I had also heard that Brown wasn't convinced on McGinty for next season so wouldn't be shocked if he was away and replaced. 

Goalkeepers

Josh Clarke, Robbie Mutch, Ollie Ecrepont

Right Back

Nick McAllister, Dylan Watret

Left Back

Paddy Reading

Centre Back

Jack Sanders, George Stanger, Frankie Musonda

Central Midfield

Ben Dempsey, Roy Syla

Attacking Midfield

Logan Chalmers, Jamie Murphy, Scott Tomlinson

Striker

Anton Dowds, Fraser Bryden, Mark McKenzie

If the above is the case then it gives us a solid start in recruitment. We're probably still looking for a left footed centre back, left back, defensive midfielder, winger and a striker. 

17 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

You’ve been hitting the saké again, auld yin.

Got told this from a club employee 4 weeks ago, only passing on what I was told. It could all be shite but who knows?

5 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Got told this from a club employee 4 weeks ago, only passing on what I was told. It could all be shite but who knows?

All of Celtic’s Japanese players are eons ahead of the Championship unfortunately. Kobayashi is the only one not playing regularly.

We may well end up with a couple but I can’t see Browns first port of call being asking Celtic for a couple of loan deals. He’ll want players that are committing to the club. Once it gets to the end of the window then we can start supplementing what we have with a loan or two.

I’ll eat my (and everyone else’s) hat if we sign an actual first team player from Celtic regardless of nationality. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Like McCallister, it wouldn’t bother me, as long as they had competition. 

This. If we intend to be promotion candidates we need to have a squad capable of competing. Including inevitable injuries to 1st team fullbacks. Glass half full take is that they push on and improve. That said, 2 new fullbacks please.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sounds about right. I think there’s guys that looked done that Brown has managed to get back to their best. I was all in favour of getting shot of Musonda but he was very good today albeit I’d want a proper left back playing every week. 

Musonda was excellent, had the Killie reject comfortably in his back pocket all afternoon. McKenzie looks a lot better thru the middle. He's never going to be a goalscorer but held it up really well and put a shift in.

i wish there was a photo of him at the Queens Park game when he basically threw Syla back onto the pitch from that moment i knew he was going to be different to the last couple of managers we've had