The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

I not against giving him an 18 month contract and I like the fact he can play both RB and CB but why only give him 6 month in the summer I understand Doc as he had to prove fitness but if we are giving him 18 month now why not 2 year in the summer would that not have shown more faith in the boy at the beginning than 6 month deal.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we were struggling to find cash at that point and McCall didn’t want to commit to a player that might not be up to it. I’m sure Ferguson was the last of re-signings to be completed along with McDaid.

After we signed Smith I was sure he’d be let go but it seems he’s the 2nd choice right back and Geggan is seen as a wide defensive type midfielder.

I’ll admit I had doubts about Ferguson but he’s done well in both games in Inverness especially the second one considering he hadn’t played for months.

Possibly both away in the summer for different reasons and McCall wants to know we have a player for right back in Ferguson's case? 

37 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

I think we should look at giving more players extended contracts the now cause I might be wrong but we only have 3 players signed up for next season 

Yeah we do, Harvie and now Ferguson and Docherty.

In an ideal world I’d be looking at getting the likes of Rose, Murdoch, Smith, Moore signed up asap. That would be a good spine to the team. 

Yeah we do, Harvie and now Ferguson and Docherty.
In an ideal world I’d be looking at getting the likes of Rose, Murdoch, Smith, Moore signed up asap. That would be a good spine to the team. 

Ecrepont is signed as well I think.

Aye he is, signed a three year deal. 

So we’ve got 3 fullbacks and a midfielder.

I feel it’s unlikely that we’re going to offer more contracts right now but I’d like to think in the summer we can offer 2 year deals to most of our players regardless of what league we are in.

The next step to becoming established in this league or even the league above is to stop having a large player turnover in the summer. We did well in the summer just there but there’s going to be a lot of interest in 4 or 5 of our players this time around.

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

The players re-signing on 18 month contracts maybe sends out a message to others that you will get a bit of stability here at Ayr.

Being fresh full time now in amongst other established full time clubs means we have a bit if catch up to play.

Players talk.

We are slowly but surely looking, sounding and playing like an established full time club.

Lots more can be done but to do it all within our means is a fabulous achievement in such a short time.

The caveat to all of this is that i will be absolutely gutted and distraught if we don't go up this season.

Being so close that you can almost taste it.

Going to be a sore one if we don't do it.

Not expecting or demanding it, just want it so bad. Hope the squad feels that way too.

Can already visualise the pitch invasion to the tune of "bring on the Killie"!!

Do you by any chance write columns for shite tabloid newspapers?

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Sir Lawrence on Clyde1 this evening

Anything juicy in there or the usual mantra of enjoying his football / great squad  / no hurry to leave? 

What is the script with Ellis Hare-Reid? Is he on a longer deal? 
Would love us to get Doohan back next season with another backup coming in an Ellis going out on loan somewhere for first team experience.