The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

He was good for us in League 1 and in a team that should do well, I think he will be fine. 

We signed him in the championship and we have remained in the championship ever since.  

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What former players? 

Former Ayr players I meant 🤔

Liam Smith, Michael Rose, Luke Mccowan etc. There has been a few posts more or less questioning the possibility of returns. Chalmers being the one I'd hope to return the most.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Former Ayr players I meant 🤔

Liam Smith, Michael Rose, Luke Mccowan etc. There has been a few posts more or less questioning the possibility of returns. Chalmers being the one I'd hope to return the most.

The only one of those we have any  chance whatsoever of getting would be Smith , Rose way above our level , McCowan signed new contract and can’t see United selling Chalmers due to their relegation 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The only one of those we have any  chance whatsoever of getting would be Smith , Rose way above our level , McCowan signed new contract and can’t see United selling Chalmers due to their relegation 

I know, would've been great to see them back though.

Jordan Preston however 🤔 he plays in the lower English league and I dare say he'd enjoy a return. Would he be good enough or would they be searching for something much much better?

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I know, would've been great to see them back though.

Jordan Preston however 🤔 he plays in the lower English league and I dare say he'd enjoy a return. Would he be good enough or would they be searching for something much much better?

Preston was on loan at Bradford Park Avenue in all fairness junior level.

2 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Preston was on loan at Bradford Park Avenue in all fairness junior level.

Ah, totally regressed then. That's a shame to be honest. He wasn't the best but I thought he'd go upwards after his loan spell at Ayr from Blackburn.

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m assuming Shankland won’t be playing in the testimonial game at the weekend, given he is now in the Scotland squad…

At committee meeting tonight Moff said speaking to him yesterday he will still be playing but not for the full game as planned 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am basing this on Leeds United and former England U21 international and future jailbird Paul Smith.

Paul Shepherd.

Neither of our two Paul Smith's have been as naughty as him.

12 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

A wee 10 mins at the very least I think

Looking like that in both halves , he says he would not be where he is without Moffs input and says it’s the best way he can thank him 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

If Dundee United allow Chalmers to leave then they truly are fucked, They own a player that could light up the division for them. 

Goodwin is a defensively minded manager though so he might not fancy him. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

He scored a good goal on the telly, if that helps?

After conceding a diabolical one five minutes in.

He'll be perfectly fine in League One. Should give him the chance to get his confidence back.

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

There's also a few posts on here regarding former players returning 🤔

Idle speculation from people who know absolutely nothing. Then boosted by people on here who for some reason are gullible enough to buy it. Remember when people were literally drawing up shortlists of which four or five of Burnley's best academy players would be in Ayr's starting XI the next season?

33 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

A wee 10 mins at the very least I think

He is currently in Spain at the Scotland training camp… obviously unless the team return home before the rest of the squad meet up with them and head out to Norway. 

Just seeing @Finlay21posts so must be the case, impressive from Shankland tbh. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

After conceding a diabolical one five minutes in.

He'll be perfectly fine in League One. Should give him the chance to get his confidence back.

Idle speculation from people who know absolutely nothing. Then boosted by people on here who for some reason are gullible enough to buy it. Remember when people were literally drawing up shortlists of which four or five of Burnley's best academy players would be in Ayr's starting XI the next season?

You won’t be laughing when Rob Harker scores the goal that wins us the league next season. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

You won’t be laughing when Rob Harker scores the goal that wins us the league next season. 

In fairness he is a non-league striker of no previous great renown, which means he's almost certainly on the scouting list these days.