The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, Iain said:

Maybe if Partick spent more time playing football and less time rolling around on the grass they could've got promoted.

Took my wife to both playoff games v Thistle. She's not a great football fan but that was exactly her view of both games, Tiffoney in particular.

I always quite liked Thistle but their "dark arts" demonstration against us just made me totally despise this group of players.

Karma is always great to see not to mention screwing up the Glasgow obsessed media in their pursuit of more "Glasgow derbies" etc.

Of course there's also the positive financial implications of keeping Thistle in our league for next season coupled with the good atmospheres so all good for me.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Of course there's also the positive financial implications of keeping Thistle in our league for next season coupled with the good atmospheres so all good for me.

That result will gross us about £50 k next season . Another quality player on a one year deal . 

Just now, Nelson said:

Are we seriously still deluding ourselves that Partick’s “dark arts” had any bearing on the 8-0 aggregate defeat?  We were 2nd best everywhere on the park and in the dugout too.

No, they were by far the better side, however that doesn't mean that we should all applaud or even accept what is nothing other than blatant cheating.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No, they were by far the better side, however that doesn't mean that we should all applaud or even accept what is nothing other than blatant cheating.

Spot on Wattoo, they didn't need to but still did it, karma indeed 

13 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Are we seriously still deluding ourselves that Partick’s “dark arts” had any bearing on the 8-0 aggregate defeat?  We were 2nd best everywhere on the park and in the dugout too.

That makes it worse because they didn't need to do it.

57 minutes ago, Nelson said:

They were better than us over two games but we were better than them over thirty-six games.

Anyway back to us...

I'm not getting carried away about any signings considering this time last year we were apparantly getting Dom Thomas and Craig Sibbald who both gave us the two fingers and went elsewhere

You're probably looking at Mutch and Stranger, two from England, 1 scottish premiership loan and then some other randomer to fill a gap, not expecting a lot tbf.

Honestly think we'll be between the 5th-8th mark next year (hopefully not any lower) and there'll probably be a running joke that goes all season between Ayr fans of "At least we'll have the best stand and hospitality in League One".

C'mon Mathie & Co and prove me wrong 🤞

Edited by rb123!

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Anyway back to us...

I'm not getting carried away about any signings considering this time last year we were apparantly getting Dom Thomas and Craig Sibbald who both gave us the two fingers and went elsewhere

You're probably looking at Mutch and Stranger, two from England, 1 scottish premiership loan and then some other randomer to fill a gap, not expecting a lot tbf.

Honestly think we'll be between the 5th-8th mark next year (hopefully not any lower) and there'll probably be a running joke that goes all season between Ayr fans of "At least we'll have the best stand and hospitality in League One".

That's being very generous imo. Based on our current squad minus Dipo I don't see two teams finishing below us. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

That's being very generous imo. Based on our current squad minus Dipo I don't see two teams finishing below us. 

Aye but it won’t be that squad going into next season. We will sign players. If we get that right then we should be okay. Not expecting to pull up any trees right enough but should be clear of 8th.

Anything out with the promotion playoffs is a failure next season IMO. The recruitment should absolutely reflect that - I’m not very optimistic right now given how the likes of Raith have started compared to us but for once I’m relatively confident we’ll get some good players in. 

25 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Anyway back to us...

FFS, you've just called out itzdrk's script for the entire season. 

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye but given he's not even been included in your match day squad on a good few occasions  mutual termination surely wouldn't come as too much of a shock? 

If that happens it'll be much later in the window though, he's not going to voluntarily leave at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a chance over the summer and then either breaks into the team or leaves at the end of August.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Twenty fucking minutes, and not a question on potential signings - wonderful. 

Aye I was waiting for it but I guess it was more of a look back on next season rather than a preview of the next. 

I did like the sound of clubs looking at us as a potential location for young loan players but there’s always the chance that they’re more of a Jack Ruddy than an Alex Kirk. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I was waiting for it but I guess it was more of a look back on next season rather than a preview of the next. 

I did like the sound of clubs looking at us as a potential location for young loan players but there’s always the chance that they’re more of a Jack Ruddy than an Alex Kirk. 

Or a Reece McAlear