The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I paid £285 for my season ticket last year. Its £300 this year. On the face of it, a c.5% increase isn't unreasonable in the current climate. It is also worth noting that you could lock in at last seasons prices and pay in instalments to do so. I opted not to.

I don't think adult season tickets have been hit too much.

The kids prices I wasn't aware of ended at 12? That needs looked at, they are the future.

I think raising walk up prices by 10% when the NT is out of commission is a bold strategy. 

I'm holding until I see signings at the moment. I will likely renew (I always renew except when Roberts was extended when he should have been emptied).

Edited by Trogdor

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I find it incredibly strange that our child prices end when you turn 13. It’s not something I had any idea about until tonight. 

Incredibly poor and something that should be urgently looked at IMO. A quick look shows Dunfermline are as bad as us but Morton,  Partick and Inverness charge £5 and £6 for those under 16 while QP charge £8 and Raith £8 or £10 while under 12’s go free. 

Clearly an area we are lagging behind in. Most sides charge £22 for an adult ticket so we can’t really complain, but there is a lack of thought into the pricing for the younger age groups - in particular that 13 - 18 range. 

seasontickets2324savings.jpg.94940f8a725f6684d572f9d009964d6e.jpg

Pricing_table_copy_4053-1024x683.thumb.jpg.c64f8373d806f0d21177c1e83dab394f.jpg

Our prices are heavily weighted towards youngsters buying season tickets, in that regard a 17 year old can get one for £50, that's fantastic value. Meanwhile our young adult (18-21) is only £100.

Allot of teams are doing similar, get a cheap season ticket, get into the habit of going week in, week out and catch that hug. 

8 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I think it’s obvious why the price went up , the same reason most teams have increased prices , not really bothered that teams would need to explain the increase , might be wrong but don’t know why people would think they are being fleeced if they read or hear all the noise going around about inflation and energy costs , surely they can’t think that these costs are not effecting their club

It won't be long until the club and super fans are asking the question again of why we can't get higher attendances. Hopefully the penny might drop 

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Remember last year, Mathie said they had benchmarked other teams and were putting the prices up to meet them. No justification other than making money. 

Clydebanks Kilbowie stadium turnstiles were a brick wall with a brick removed at face height and a brick removed to hand money over meaning you could go in to the concessions gate, stand to the side of the hole and hand money over. 
There was always a massive queue at the concessions and zero paying adults. 

Whenever i hear benchmarking being used it has always ended in bad news. Usually value being reduced and moving onto the lowest acceptable value that can be tolerated. Guessing the main criteria used here was our level of ambition rather than the size of club or quality of football on display last season 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

seasontickets2324savings.jpg.94940f8a725f6684d572f9d009964d6e.jpg

Pricing_table_copy_4053-1024x683.thumb.jpg.c64f8373d806f0d21177c1e83dab394f.jpg

Our prices are heavily weighted towards youngsters buying season tickets, in that regard a 17 year old can get one for £50, that's fantastic value. Meanwhile our young adult (18-21) is only £100.

Allot of teams are doing similar, get a cheap season ticket, get into the habit of going week in, week out and catch that hug. 

Yeah - our 13 - 17 year old season tickets are £100. I get what you mean and I do think your season ticket pricing makes that better. 

At the same time though, I still don’t think your walk up price should change as soon as you turn 13, I can’t see any reasoning for that at all. 

For us, how many 13 year olds can afford £100 up front or £15 one off - unless you have parents who are able to pay for you then you can’t attend. We are basically locking out a huge demographic within the town - as far as I’m aware too the free community tickets largely focus on primary school age too. At the very least I would like to see more secondary school age type stuff. 

35 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It won't be long until the club and super fans are asking the question again of why we can't get higher attendances. Hopefully the penny might drop 

Its not quite as simple as that though is it? If we made an adult walk up price £11 would we get double the number attending?

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Probably 

Not sure that's true as the club have reduced match day prices for a few matches over the years with no real increase in attendance.

Same way that handing out free tickets to schools doesn't guarantee any of them will return for the next match that they need to pay.

Agree prices are too high but it's a false idea that halving the price would double the crowd.

22 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Its not quite as simple as that though is it? If we made an adult walk up price £11 would we get double the number attending?

Not simple at all. Nowadays people are selecting games rather than turning up every week based on cost. There used to be a gap between Ayr and quite a lot of the teams in our league. You can’t have it both ways though 

40 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

No, but it would allow people who in the current climate have to be selective in what games they attend to afford to attend more games.

Football should be accessible and inexpensive to attend. Pricing fans out is a mistake. Without the fans the club is nothing.

24 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Nowadays people are selecting games rather than turning up every week based on cost.

And also because they have other commitments at the weekend; work, dad's taxi, family days out, weekend breaks away, attending concerts/other sporting events etc etc

Its a changed world from when I started going to games, it was largely working class males who'd go with their mates after a week at work with not a lot else to do.

The club haven't helped themselves under previous boards to stem downward attendances from say the 80s onwards. That's not just our problem though.

I don't agree with the walk up price but it's the going rate. The kids prices definitely need revisiting and amended urgently.

Edited by BukyOHare

To some extent the club are stuck with the adult pricing, as we are just matching the rest of the league - however I’m obviously expecting us to assemble a decent side or I won’t be attending every game at £22. 

There is clearly a lack of imaginative thinking in terms of the pricing at certain age brackets though, and we are miles behind the likes of Morton, Raith and Partick which is really disappointing. 

Not sure logistically how it would work, but could there be something like a multibuy offer? For example buy 5 tickets in advance, use them for a whatever games you want and it's £100 for the lot. Almost like a mini season ticket. 

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Tbf we need this increase to pay for the big name signings we have made in our push for promotion. Oh wait a minute………

Didn't exactly work out too well that strategy with Maguire

18 minutes ago, Iain said:

Can't imagine Premiership teams are charging much more than £22?

Had a quick look at teams towards the bottom of the table from last season. and it seems to start around the £25 mark. Embarrassingly, all have far better kids pricing than we do. We are only £1 away from being 200% more expensive for the 13-15 age bracket than Killie, and County. 

Motherwell offer a young adult price of £10, and Juniors at £4. 

Edited by No_Problemo