The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Who do you think it is? 

After I put on here that Kerr McInroy's dad was following the club on Twitter before he joined on loan I remember someone moaning on Twitter how it somehow ruined their transfer deadline day so now just avoid directly naming names and drop hints instead. Feel free to message me if you want to know but it's not that exciting. 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If it’s the left back you mentioned earlier then apparently the person with that name has been in our under 18s for a few months. 

Lyall Holding? No I know he was U18's POTY and is a CB so possibly involved since Musonda's not back yet.

54 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

After I put on here that Kerr McInroy's dad was following the club on Twitter before he joined on loan I remember someone moaning on Twitter how it somehow ruined their transfer deadline day so now just avoid directly naming names and drop hints instead. Feel free to message me if you want to know but it's not that exciting. 

Lyall Holding? No I know he was U18's POTY and is a CB so possibly involved since Musonda's not back yet.

🥝

26 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Was hearing McInroy is going to Partick on loan, what have Killie done to this player?

The guys I've spoken to said he was played out of position (I think they said full back) but that he did look very poor and well out of his depth.

I must admit, I wasn't one of the ones going overboard about him, he DID have a great shot on him but I always felt that he was just too slow and we failed to control any games when he played at Centre Mid so I honestly couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

As we stand right now I'd be making Liam Smith our top target as I think that would go a long way to giving us a decent starting 11.

We'd obviously need to prioritise the striking position if Dipo is definitely going and if he is then hopefully some of those funds would be used to upgrade the sort of salary we could offer a replacement.

Who knows, maybe we could even target someone a bit higher up the food chain (in terms of wages) than a 34+ year old playing for a rival in the same league ??

Not sure why it hasn’t worked out for McInroy at Kilmarnock, but he might well be too one paced for the premier league.  Cracking good player at Championship level though - will be well peeved if he goes to Partick and we’re stuck watching Ashford and JML.

26 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Not sure why it hasn’t worked out for McInroy at Kilmarnock, but he might well be too one paced for the premier league.  Cracking good player at Championship level though - will be well peeved if he goes to Partick and we’re stuck watching Ashford and JML.

If McInroy was here we'd likely be sacrificing Murdoch or Dempsey, I don't think JML or Ashford will both be starters either so not really a like for like comparison.

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Shite but an upgrade on mccalister and houston

I'm not a huge fan myself either, however if you look at his actual stats and experience then he's actually miles ahead of anything we actually have at the club just now.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If McInroy was here we'd likely be sacrificing Murdoch or Dempsey, I don't think JML or Ashford will both be starters either so not really a like for like comparison.

How would we be sacrificing Murdoch or Dempsey when they both literally played when McInroy was here previously.

Edited by ayrunitedfw

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We played all 3 together before, and looked pretty good for it, so not sure why that would be.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

We played all 3 together before, and looked pretty good for it, so not sure why that would be.

I'm not sure that we looked "pretty good" at all.

If my memory serves me right we'd have been down if not for a last minute deflected strike by McInroy at Palmerston which crept over the line to keep us up and send them down.