The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

A Waitrose with the best hub in the UK

Canary Wharf's has a full bar inside it, which when last I went was comparable price-wise to the Hub.

Edited by Thumper

7 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Always thought when I was younger, that it would be a fantastic idea, for away fans especially, to build 'Ayr United Football Club Train Station' on the railway line behind where the factory was 😂

I have no doubt that after White's galacticos storm this season (somehow managing to win the league despite having only scored five goals while conceding 85 from opposing right-wingers) the long-awaited sky bridge to Newton-On-Ayr will whizz through its planning permission.

30 minutes ago, railwayend said:

So it’s St Mirren today with some trialists fielded . It’s not just us though I read that Thistle had six or seven of them yesterday! 

I think they only have 12 signed full time players - so I heard

12 hours ago, Lochwood said:

So it’s a reseeded job, not returfed looks great on the eye, but will it stand up to the vigours of a full football season, outside professional company so I suppose it should be fine

Not just reseeded   The whole of the previous pitch and undersoil was removed and replaced and then seeded , company says it’s best way to do it 

54 minutes ago, railwayend said:

So it’s St Mirren today with some trialists fielded . It’s not just us though I read that Thistle had six or seven of them yesterday! 

Sorry if these are daft questions, but where and is it behind closed doors or can fans go to it?

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Not just reseeded   The whole of the previous pitch and undersoil was removed and replaced and then seeded , company says it’s best way to do it 

Am I right in saying the company doing it have looked after pitches of clubs far higher up the foodchain than ourselves? Just before the inevitable yells of cHeAp OpTiOn!! 

Looks like it's coming along nicely in nay case.

Just now, Jeff Venom said:

Am I right in saying the company doing it have looked after pitches of clubs far higher up the foodchain than ourselves? Just before the inevitable yells of cHeAp OpTiOn!! 

Certainly wasn’t cheap saw online it was costing £70/80K

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

Would imagine it is the company Darvel used that do Celtic Park.

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

Morton had 7 last night as well.   

23 hours ago, railwayend said:

It’s true those from east and north Ayrshire dabble in gear and *** business . South Ayrshire , some would say “the Scottish Riviera” , is above such behaviour . A land of honest men and bonnie lassies . 

Rang-ayrs scarves ❤️.

The Family Final ❤️.

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

So we've got money coming in for Anderson and Nouble it looks like. 

Dipo Akinyemi, talk to me. Style of play? etc... 

Would take around 200k for him and I would imagine a days holiday for his family sports days.  Only way he stays in Scotland is for a helluva lot of wonga to persuade him to stay in Scotland.

Would say he is an all round striker, strong in the air, good with the ball, does a ton of running and can finish.

Edited by callum-ayr

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Would take around 200k for him and I would imagine a days holiday for his family sports days.  Only way he stays in Scotland is for a helluva lot of wonga to persuade him to stay in Scotland.

Would say he is an all round striker, strong in the air, good with the ball, does a ton of running and can finish.

From the sounds of it we probably have between 800k-1m coming in for Nouble and Anderson hopefully so I don't imagine a fee would be a pain to agree in some form.

Main issue will be wages I reckon, depends if we can sell it to him as a stepping stone to get to upper Championship level down south and far better wages down the line. Sounds like our kind of striker though

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

From the sounds of it we probably have between 800k-1m coming in for Nouble and Anderson hopefully so I don't imagine a fee would be a pain to agree in some form.

Main issue will be wages I reckon, depends if we can sell it to him as a stepping stone to get to upper Championship level down south and far better wages down the line. Sounds like our kind of striker though

Yeah you have the likes of Dykes/Nouble as examples of a path.  Personally don't mind where he goes as long as it's not in this league.  He's starting to grind on a lot of folk with his tweets etc directed at the club for not accepting lowball offers thus far.  Could definitely see him doing well at Livi.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Yeah you have the likes of Dykes/Nouble as examples of a path.  Personally don't mind where he goes as long as it's not in this league.  He's starting to grind on a lot of folk with his tweets etc directed at the club for not accepting lowball offers thus far.  Could definitely see him doing well at Livi.

It only took Dykes one season to get his move too. If he comes to us, tears it up and leaves next summer for the same ~2m fee we got for Dykes I think us, him and Ayr would probably be really happy all round.

8 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If his family didn’t settle in Ayr/Glasgow can you image how they’ll feel about West Lothian or Dundee 😂