The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Can't see Bullen leaving unless it's of his own choosing. As Wattoo will point out we finished second last season and depending on your optics it can be positioned as a feat. If this season is about treading water then some wriggle room for poor performance unless it turns into a relegation effort. Still think a few 'big names' ie people we have heard off that are ending their careers will come in nearer the time to help prop us up. It might go against the previous roadmap around sustainable growth but it will be enough to retain our league place for next season 

Depending on how we get going in the league, if we're adrift or nowhere near looking like getting near mid table, I am not sure how Smith and Mathie will react to that, however thus far they have failed Bullen with recruitment.  

On a side note, I am assuming JML hasn't even been at pre season at all.  He wasn't there the initial week we started back and hasn't featured in any pre season game.  I was told he wasn't back for family reasons, but that's around 3 weeks now so not buying it.

51 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Depending on how we get going in the league, if we're adrift or nowhere near looking like getting near mid table, I am not sure how Smith and Mathie will react to that, however thus far they have failed Bullen with recruitment.  

On a side note, I am assuming JML hasn't even been at pre season at all.  He wasn't there the initial week we started back and hasn't featured in any pre season game.  I was told he wasn't back for family reasons, but that's around 3 weeks now so not buying it.

Impressive if we’ve only managed to keep the worst of our three wide players. That would leave us with one natural wide player for this weekend…

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

He sets us up to play kick and rush.  It's not entertaining and some (not all) just canny be arsed with it.  

I think the similarity between the two would be stubbornly picking players it's never going to happen for.  Ali Crawford 🤝 Paddy Reading. 

Suppose its getting that balance of entertaining and effective football that gets results.

The Ali Crawford/ Reading example I get.

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Excellent highlights, I hope our club are paying attention to last night - you can’t fail to notice the difference

As for the highlights, we looked like we struggled hugely at times.

They probably have noticed but couldn't care less as long as the new stand is built. 

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Excellent highlights, I hope our club are paying attention to last night - you can’t fail to notice the difference. 

As for the highlights, we looked like we struggled hugely at times.

Wouldn’t agree with that, Albinson made a couple of excellent saves but we never seemed under the cosh 

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Wouldn’t agree with that, Albinson made a couple of excellent saves but we never seemed under the cosh 

Mutch made a ridiculous save when he came on.

Only based on the highlights which can give you a skewed picture but they have cut us open numerous times. 

I’m on holiday and won’t be there on Friday my questions would be

is there an increase on last years playing budget and if so by what %

why has the full back areas that cost us a lot of points last season not been addressed.

the media set up is embarrassing and has been for years now, why has this not been sorted.

do you think this squad will get in the top four this season.

why is the club going with coaches rather than a manager

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Having a look through recent posts and see a few Ayr fans aren't happy. I see a lot of similarities between ourselves and Ayr. Both teams  had a good season last time out -Ayr finishing 2nd, both teams have retained most of last seasons squad although I know there's a lot of chat about your big strikers future, not many additions to either squad yet but still plenty of time and a decent budget there - imagine ayrs is higher if i read correctly  that they offered Paton 1k a week. 

I also see there's a lot of fans unsure about Bullen which I'm surprised at. He had the team set up pretty well any time we played each other and I see a lot of similarities between him and Imrie.

We have been told in the last few years that the club has the biggest budget the club has ever had, The off-field staff has increased so that may be included. 
We lost out on players last season, We apparently tried to make Keir McInroy our highest paid player but Kilmarnock paid him double. We lost out to players going to Queens Park and Thistle due to wages.
Based on the ability to pay wages, we probably wouldn't be in the top 4 in the Championship. 

Morton and Ayr play a similar style, deep defensive like and breaking quickly, try to play with a fast tempo. We seem to play well against teams who play that way also, if we play against a team who keeps the ball and passes it about, we are fucked. 

A lot of outspilling of pent up rage over, well, very little if we're all being honest, in fact it verges on hysterical from some.

Who cares about "updates" on a pre-season kick about against basically an amateur side.

Why all the panic over season tickets when the club have already stated the position and we're ages away from our first match.

The "Dipo saga" is quite clearly outwith the clubs control, they have stated their position and it's what ANY well run club would do, so I'm really puzzled on the anger over that one. As it stands Dipo goes if we get an acceptable and fair offer, if we don't, then Dipo stays. Simples....

As for "the full back situation", it's already well publicised that the club are active looking at recruiting at least a RB and love them or loathe them, we have 2 LB's already signed.

Everything might not be "perfect" but honest to God some of you find the most ridiculous things to moan at !!!

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stranraers highlights had commentary and graphics, These are pretty simple but effective. If Ayr put out highlights as effective as these I think most fans would be happy. 

You think ?? 🤣

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

A lot of outspilling of pent up rage over, well, very little if we're all being honest, in fact it verges on hysterical from some.

Who cares about "updates" on a pre-season kick about against basically an amateur side.

Why all the panic over season tickets when the club have already stated the position and we're ages away from our first match.

The "Dipo saga" is quite clearly outwith the clubs control, they have stated their position and it's what ANY well run club would do, so I'm really puzzled on the anger over that one. As it stands Dipo goes if we get an acceptable and fair offer, if we don't, then Dipo stays. Simples....

As for "the full back situation", it's already well publicised that the club are active looking at recruiting at least a RB and love them or loathe them, we have 2 LB's already signed.

Everything might not be "perfect" but honest to God some of you find the most ridiculous things to moan at !!!

You debase your argument when you try and defend the lack of updates from last night. 

Supporters want to know these things, it is that simple. Most amateur teams are now providing these updates. 

It isn’t remotely a ridiculous thing to moan at, it’s basic communication which should be the absolute bare minimum to expect. 

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Basic. Just needs one person at the game with access to the club twitter to put out even a half time and full time score. Or a tweet before the game saying there will be no updates. The silence is treating supporters with contempt. 

People have paid a lot of money, either in cash in the shop or via bank transfer, There is no indication as yet, if the club and the ticketing partner have managed to tie this together. People have not been able to get tickets to an event on Friday because of the delay. Standard stuff that the club has been slow to publish information about. 

These two points are far from ridiculous and to defend them is just weird and condescending. "I don't care so no one else should dare criticise our club or dear leaders"