The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

56 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Considering there's no other opportunities to play trialists it seems unlikely we're keeping him

We're playing Troon on Saturday however given he didn't feature at all at EK then I guess he'll be away. 

13 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I think we'd be down the line of teams that would be in for a player like Wotherspoon, if he's even a player we need or be interested in the first place.

The first bit could also have been said for trying to sign Graham & McKay who are crucial for two competitors. I think a bit of aspiration in signing targets is no bad thing. 

The second bit on whether he is exactly what we need or not, I'm not sure. I just know the team needs experienced proven players and fast. With Dipo going, the first 11 is a bit of a husk with no real focal point at present as witnessed on Saturday. 

21 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

If you can't get in at Asda, the new shopping center (I use that term loosely) next to Farmfoods is a 5 minute walk or the flats at the top of the hill just past the juniors social club.

Do not park at the flats as full of junkies ....I know Cumnock well park across the burn at the big carpark at council offices ...

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The second bit on whether he is exactly what we need or not, I'm not sure. I just know the team needs experienced proven players and fast. With Dipo going, the first 11 is a bit of a husk with no real focal point at present as witnessed on Saturday. 

Looks pretty like McKenzie and Franny wil be sharing the right side spot so we maybe have two slots up front to fill as well as a pair of fullbacks ! Maybe our midfield needs a Mark Kerr type as well . Lots to do in a short space of time ….

4 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

What about Steven Fletcher?

Ticks all the boxes for us.

*Experienced

*Striker

* Target man 

*Ex Sheffield Wednesday

Thoughts?

Would be perfect . However might be too expensive and bailed out at Dundee Utd cos they went down !

26 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

*Experienced

*Striker

* Target man 

*Ex Sheffield Wednesday

Thoughts?

More chance of you or I playing for Ayr United this season than Steven Fletcher. 

59 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Looks pretty like McKenzie and Franny wil be sharing the right side spot so we maybe have two slots up front to fill as well as a pair of fullbacks ! Maybe our midfield needs a Mark Kerr type as well . Lots to do in a short space of time ….

A Mark Kerr type would be helpful. I'm not quite sure why we keep signing more or less the same type of central midfielder. Murdoch, Dempsey and Pendlebury (I've only seen him in Saturdays cameo tbf) seem fairly similar.

Smith is the one who offers something different and tries to pick a pass. He was very tidy in possession. I was infuriated on Saturday by the number of our players who didn't look up, there would be a guy unmarked on the wing and they try to thread the needle through the middle with a pass to a guy with two opposition players on him. Granted it was often Reading or Watret (so maybe trying to protect them?) but you should always pass to the man in space.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

*Experienced

*Striker

* Target man 

*Ex Sheffield Wednesday

Thoughts?

*Will want 3k a week minimum.

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

*Experienced

*Striker

* Target man 

*Ex Sheffield Wednesday

Thoughts?

Our track record with old ex-international strikers is not a strong one. If he signed for Ayr I'd put the over/under on goals from open play at 3.5 for the season

Fletcher is away to St Mirren I’m sure. Blair Alston is still free and would meet the experienced pro criteria that Bullen is looking for. Not sure how good he actually is though. 

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

I thought Fowler would have been a good option but depends how much Beith are looking for,

Knowing Scottish Football it wouldnt take much of a fee to put the likes of Kilmarnock and Motherwell off

£50K they want.

1 minute ago, KTID26 said:

£50K they want.

Pocket change for us after the Dipo sale. Not sure he’s worth that considering he’s coming from Beith and might not cut it at this level. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pocket change for us after the Dipo sale. Not sure he’s worth that considering he’s coming from Beith and might not cut it at this level. 

Not worth it, he was sent packing.