The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I know absolutely nothing.

What wage bracket are we in for then? I’d say that was quite accurate for this level. 

I don't know but if you're saying our average player is on £40k a year then that seems on the high side for a company who's annual turnover is around £1m.

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I don't know but if you're saying our average player is on £40k a year then that seems on the high side for a company who's annual turnover is around £1m.

Definitely not the average. But that should be round about the wage bracket we’re shopping in for at least 1 or 2 more signings.

22 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Believe it or not but I ended up in conversation with callum Gallaghers (airdrie) uncle yesterday and says ayr are trying too sign him .but he doesn't want to go ft .as he has a very good job outside football.  

Why are we trying to sign him if he has zero intention of going full time. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not to mention he's not very good. 

Dunno about that. He scored the same amount of league goals at Paton did last season. 

My issue is that there’s very little chance of getting him due to his professional status. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Wattoo was spot on earlier, there is no way the squad as it stands is costing as much as last season in terms of wages. There will be money to make additions and it should be 4/5 quality additions as well. Right now, there is a real dearth of quality in the starting 11.

Perhaps we overspent last season if the accounting loss was completely reflective of our business. Also last season we finished second and i don't think we will be aiming for quite as high again. Does high inflation mean that straight off the bat we can now pay less players overall.

Also no hospitality revenue coming for a while and a stand that can't be completed fully due to rising costs. Despite what is being said i expect some of these factors will have an impact on our squad spending. Don't necessarily think the club would say much negative to avoid hitting season ticket sales.

Still expect a few more decent signings to appear but certainly not having a squad like pre xmas last year. With rising costs other clubs in the division will also be in a similar position. Very much a treading water season than anything last year imo  

50 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That’s something I’ve never took into consideration. All down to how many “working hours” a week they would have. Are football players paid hourly?

Regardless, if that was his full time wage he's be able to claim an element of universal credit!

59 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Maybe we haven't been very good I don't know and certainly I'm not making excuses for anybody but if I have a different opinion then I'm entitled to try and explain it.

I don't think for example that we'll be in for "boys on £800".

Maybe you know different.

I wouldn't play full time football for less than £800 per week.

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

There’s no way dipo was on 500 a week

Figure I was told was 500 a week and a very hefty goal bonus that was more than his weekly wage. Remember he wasn’t a known figure coming up here. 

37 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Really would have thought we'd have got our transfer business done early this season considering it was glaringly obvious what areas we needed to strengthen. 

It’s not our model any more, we will not use the traditional method of signing established sure thing signings.

We tried to sign several players but they chose not to come, apparently that is either down to the number of season tickets or players being snooty about signing for Ayr. Despite this having never been a problem in the past. 
The other players that have a pedigree and experience in Scottish football are just not the type of players we want or wouldn’t fit in with the squad we have. or simply, the market is crazy just now. 

to the outsider, it might look like someone is making a complete James Hunt of the situation and blaming everything and everyone else but fortunately, we know the reasons so that can’t be true.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

You've under estimated our turnover by a mere £400k! 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve already been knocked back by three strikers that would’ve taken us from relegation candidates to playoff contenders (Paton, Graham and McKay) but given there’s a willingness to try and get a player of that standard then I’m hoping they can try and entice someone from the league above that’s maybe not a first choice. Failing that then they’ll likely go and take another Akinyemi-esc punt on someone like the boy at Beith. 

Missed out on Kevin Holt as well .

Unfortunately, for good or bad, players at Premier League level (and possibly even upper Championship level) are going to look at Ayr and think, 'nah' - the lack of recent success will count against you.

The way round it is with cold hard cash - or sign guys from down south that need a chance (eg Dipo).

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

That’s something I’ve never took into consideration. All down to how many “working hours” a week they would have. Are football players paid hourly?

What on earth are you doing here if you don't know the basic principles of how footballers are paid?

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

image.png.383e4a23ac9a4d71ebe4dfc410a6217b.png
The f**k is wrong with people on here?

Turnover for the last five years was £10,156,979.

Edited by Thumper