The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Mulgrew was very very poor last season at Dundee United. Seems to have lost a lot of pace and regularly looked to be getting the basics wrong. 

Maybe it was just a poor season, but I'd be very unsure if that were to happen.

It's in a position that we don't really need either. Murphy, Mcgeady, yes, Mulgrew, No. 

I've been a critic of McGinty but I'd still say he's better than Mulgrew.

We Need a striker.

Pretty flat, uneventful game today, it was up to Troon to lift it rather than an Ayr youth team though.

Watret looked the experienced full back today and was very mature. Ecripont was ok, he looks like he should be playing in an advanced left midfield role rather than full back and most of his contribution came from his forward play.

Scot Tomlinson and Jack Allen were impressive, Allen looked a very accomplished wide player. Attacked and defended well.

Wasn’t much that Ecripont could do with the goal, took several deflections on the way in.

Shankland is some size, his shirt was soaked in sweat within 5 minutes, he looked like he was playing a game of 5s on a stag do

Wouldn't be entirely opposed to seeing whether Mulgrew could hack it at left back and shifting him into a defensive midfield role if he couldn't. Got a decent set piece in him still, I'd imagine.

With Mulgrew, it would depend on the circumstances. If he’s looking for a good deal and keep playing, maybe not.

If he’s looking to keep playing for another year and willing to drop to the championship and earn a championship wage, I wouldn’t be against signing him 

Could I just say how annoyed, frustrated and pissed off I am with some of the Ayr fans attending Portland park today.

They were playing Troon. Not Real Madrid.

There is absolutely no need to bring Pyrotechnics to a small game like that. Some of the children who are involved with Troon FC were hit by a red pyro and have several burns on them.

Absolutely no need at all for it. I'm aware it's only a small minority of fans but it's pathetic. Yes, have a drink, yes, sing a song but ffs draw a line.

There have been a few children with burns on them, whether they be supportive of the opposition or not, it's a game of football!

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We really don't need a centre halve. It's a no from me.

A striker, left back, right back and central midfielder for me.

He plays left back, centre half and midfield. The only utility player we have is Bangala and hes only a utility player because he is shite in many positions. 

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Could I just say how annoyed, frustrated and pissed off I am with some of the Ayr fans attending Portland park today.

They were playing Troon. Not Real Madrid.

There is absolutely no need to bring Pyrotechnics to a small game like that. Some of the children who are involved with Troon FC were hit by a red pyro and have several burns on them.

Absolutely no need at all for it. I'm aware it's only a small minority of fans but it's pathetic. Yes, have a drink, yes, sing a song but ffs draw a line.

There have been a few children with burns on them, whether they be supportive of the opposition or not, it's a game of football!

That sounds like a police matter

27 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Did you just describe the majority of the North Terrace? 🤭

Not sure where the North Terrace residents are but we seem to have more than our fair share of Enclosure George types on this thread repeating his You’ve had enough time McLeod/Stuart/McLeod/McLean/Caldwell/McLeod/Burley etc mantra towards Bullen. Not sure even George would have had the front to have been rolling out his favourite shout to a man who’d been in the role for 18 months, kept us up after taking over from two of the biggest charlatans to inhabit the AUFC manager’s office and then deliver our highest league finish in a generation.

I like the McGeady signing for his experience in the game which he can hopefully pass on to the squad, the potential contribution we could still see from him on the pitch and whatever him being Technical Director is going to mean for the club’s infrastructure. If Bullen was to leave then I suspect McGeady would be an obvious temporary/permanent replacement  from within the club but it’s wild to think he’s been brought in with a view to Bullen getting the bullet in the short term and surely even the hard of thinking on this site don’t really believe that’s why he’s been acquired. 

How long does it take stuff to arrive from ordering online from the club shop?  I ordered something from china 4 days before ordering the top and that's made its way across continents.  

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We really don't need a centre halve. It's a no from me.

A striker, left back, right back and central midfielder for me.

I probably agree, he will be better than McGinty but we have far more pressing issues. 

I know others have said left back, but there is no chance he can play there - particularly with Murphy in front of him. I would even rather play Reading - very slim chance but I’m hoping he took some confidence from the Stenhousemuir game. 

The only place I would consider him is in a defensive midfield role, as we don’t really have a proper one of those but I have no idea if he would be remotely up to that at his age and I think a third older head in midfield affects the balance too much anyway.