The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Sounds like a moot argument anyway if he did actually injure himself against Stranraer, which in fairness to Musonda was played back on 8th July, so he obviously wasn’t that late joining up for pre-season.  Frustrating that coming off the good results in the cup that we’ll be going to Morton with McAllister at centre back and Hewitt at right back.  

I'd be very surprised if that's the case as Hewitt wasn't even involved against St Johnstone or Alloa, so unless he was suspended I'd be shocked if he played against Morton after failing to get a run out / tune up in the previous 2 weeks games.

Just now, WATTOO said:

I'd be very surprised if that's the case as Hewitt wasn't even involved against St Johnstone or Alloa, so unless he was suspended I'd be shocked if he played against Morton after failing to get a run out / tune up in the previous 2 weeks games.

It’s either Hewitt or Watret. I’m not too keen on throwing a 16 year old in to this game. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It’s either Hewitt or Watret. I’m not too keen on throwing a 16 year old in to this game. 

It's maybe our new signing ?? 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Was there not some suggestion that Hewitt was ill for the St Johnstone game?  Don’t think he featured at all.  The club really seem to rate Watret, but he still seems very young to be thrown in at championship level.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And unless he’s coming directly from another club he won’t be fit either. 

If this was 18 months ago Mark McKenzie would just be thrown to right back and worry about the consequences later.  

Let's do that with Dempsey. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

How could we have possibly known about how thin our defensive cover was going to be.

Its not like it caused us any issues, for several weeks last season. 

It’s less that our defensive cover is thin and more that one of our defenders is injury prone and gets called up for international duty. If Kirk didn’t get two bad injuries last season we would’ve been okay but I think we were pretty unlucky with injuries on the whole. 

We could do with an extra body in who can cover two positions in the back four but the main one is a full back. 

As much as I'm usually supportive of the club, We really shouldn't be going into our first league game with a stand in RB, a stand in CH, and I'm also led to believe that Rose isn't yet ready to start, so our 19 year old youth product looks like being our main striker.

For all we looked good on Saturday we're still missing an attacking Centre Mid unless we're expecting McGeady to be playing there, but again if we are, then he's going to be missing as well as is also "a few weeks away".

So for all intents and purposes, the season starts in August but we're not going to be ready until September.......

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s less that our defensive cover is thin and more that one of our defenders is injury prone and gets called up for international duty.

Albeit these are known issues that they should have a plan for.

The full backs have been an issue for a while now 😒 We were calling for Bullen to fix it in January and nothing happend. I hope to f*ck that he fixes it now, if not, we're relying on teenagers, Ecrepont, Reading and Mccallister😒

Even if we just got one more fullback in. Just one.