The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not saying this because he will probably sign for Thistle .....👀👀👀

But wouldn't go near Mulgrew....watched him play for Dundee United last season and was absolute bombscare .... Slow, lost the ball numerous times, argued with team mates...played a role in conceding goals ....

He is absolutely done ...and he also looks older than his age ...looks about 50....

No thanks

I'd rather we had someone up and coming on the defensive line before pissing the wage up a wall in signing a 37 year old has been who looks done. We have three decent central defenders, we don't need Mulgrew.

Mcgeady offers something different and is definitely not done yet, also has his off field duties with the club.

I think the club are doing wonders so far with signings. The experience of Jamie Murphy and Aiden Mcgeady, the ambition of younger talent like Amartey, Pendlebury, Stanger, Rose and Ahui.

If we get a couple more, it's a bonus! Imo I'd hope for another striker and a left back.

On the face of it we’ve 3 centre-halves and McAllister for cover. It’s difficult 1) for the club to justify paying a good wage for another backup and 2) to convince someone to sign who’ll spend 90% of the season on the bench.

Ideally you have someone from the academy who can step up if needed or another full back who can play in the middle.

I don’t think we are in as bad a shape as we were this time last year and hoping for some Hail Marys in the loan market on the last week of the window. I mean, time will tell if the team we have is shite but we have more out of some of the new signings like Amartey than we did out of Gondoh and JML combined.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'd rather we had someone up and coming on the defensive line before pissing the wage up a wall in signing a 37 year old has been who looks done. We have three decent central defenders, we don't need Mulgrew.

Mcgeady offers something different and is definitely not done yet, also has his off field duties with the club.

I think the club are doing wonders so far with signings. The experience of Jamie Murphy and Aiden Mcgeady, the ambition of younger talent like Amartey, Pendlebury, Stanger, Rose and Ahui.

If we get a couple more, it's a bonus! Imo I'd hope for another striker and a left back.

It's quite funny but if we'd never seen Reading before and we were judging the new #3 on his game on Saturday, then we'd think that we'd signed an absolute cracker, same goes for the young striker on Saturday, if we'd just signed him from a Dutch team and his name was Freezha Breeden then we'd think he was a superstar in the making with two brilliantly taken goals, strong, powerful and quick and with some great link up play between himself Murphy and McKenzie.

Yes, Alloa looked a poor side but I think we should also acknowledge how well some of our players played on Saturday and I reckon much of it was down to Murphy and the positions he was taking up.

As we've all said, Morton at Cappielow will be a totally different proposition and a good barometer of where we actually are, however I'm very hopeful especially with Musonda, Albinson and the new RB to come in plus Murdoch, Rose (apart from his cameo) and then McGeady in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Andy_AUFC said:

By all accounts we are going to try and play more “football” this year rather than a big hoof up to Dipo and hope for the best. As much as McGinty has turned a corner I don’t think he is good playing out from the back. Mulgrew if he signed, would be better with the ball at his feet than McGinty.

Totally get that but Mulgrew is not the answer he is ABSOLUTELY done at any level....saw him against Ross County last season and was absolutely torn to shreds.....slow loses the ball and utter pish....

He would cost us a barrow load of goals...

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's quite funny but if we'd never seen Reading before and we were judging the new #3 on his game on Saturday, then we'd think that we'd signed an absolute cracker

Or if he was a new signing making his debut against Stirling you'd be thinking what the hell have the recruitment team done.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Or if he was a new signing making his debut against Stirling you'd be thinking what the hell have the recruitment team done.  

In fairness his final ball is still lacking and defensively there's no doubt that he's suspect but the problem is where are we going to find someone who's a definite upgrade within our budget ?

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah sometimes in older players they still have the head but don't have the legs but he looked like both had gone last season.  

He seems more interested in his media career and Celtic than whatever team he plays for.

We suffered this with Boyd during his last run (or walk) but at least he was consistently delivering on the park.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Guessing season ticket sales aren’t doing too well with the mention in the interview. 

I was just wondering how many we have sold, we don’t seem to have announced any targets or sales updates so far… 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I was just wondering how many we have sold, we don’t seem to have announced any targets or sales updates so far… 

We were apparently around 600 in the "early bird" but not heard any update recently.

I've actually not got around to buying my own yet but will probably deal early next week.