The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is the same for every club and I’m not sure what they are expected to do? Post flyers? The AP usually does a sheet with all the games and dates on them in pre season so the club could do something like that but the issue is that it would be difficult for them to target people. 

When I go for a hair cut, there is a poster for Troon Juniors, Marr rugby and Kilmarnock home games for the next month hanging in the barbers. 

Things like the Academy and the dash of pink etc raise the clubs profile but that doesn't count for much if it doesn't raise attendances. 

1300 season tickets, give or take a few, is the level we're at as a club. I wouldn't see it growing much more than that.

An average home crowd of 2000 would be a fair enough figure to budget for too.

In the year 2023, there's many more things for people to do than going to a match on a Saturday. 40 years ago that wasn't the case.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

I got an email containing a good chunk of that just today. As well as ones advertising the next upcoming home game

Interesting. In that case they need to expand their mailing list and show people how to sign up. For example, I play the lotto every week and get an email about that, but have never heard of this other email.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Wee p***k in the comments, with his shite comments hoping he is away on the eve of the season starting. Not needed at all. 

What the comment on Instagram? That’s an ex teammate no?

Fwiw I think it’s more him wishing luck to his pals elsewhere rather than a goodbye. Although I wouldn’t be shocked to see him away. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What the comment on Instagram? That’s an ex teammate no?

Fwiw I think it’s more him wishing luck to his pals elsewhere rather than a goodbye. Although I wouldn’t be shocked to see him away. 

I must have been in quick, as it’s been deleted already!

It was something along the lines of “that you away? 🤞

But yeah, think it’s clearly a start if the season post. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I must have been in quick, as it’s been deleted already!

It was something along the lines of “that you away? 🤞

But yeah, think it’s clearly a start if the season post. 

Can’t be arsed with some fans in all honesty. 

The guys not brilliant but we’ve had loads of players come to Ayr and not try their arse and taken a wage. Ashford is one that’s come and had a few moments where he’s done well but put a shift in every single game. 

Would love nothing more for him to play well. Either here or somewhere else. 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Bumped this from the sre fb. Is this goodbye from ashford? 

IMG_2126.png

I saw that on the SRE, nothing about it screams hes leaving. I took it to be our league was starting as well as the English lower leagues and he will know a fair few lads down there. 

As usual with the SRE, folk see things that arent there. Paranoid androids 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t be arsed with some fans in all honesty. 

The guys not brilliant but we’ve had loads of players come to Ayr and not try their arse and taken a wage. Ashford is one that’s come and had a few moments where he’s done well but put a shift in every single game. 

Would love nothing more for him to play well. Either here or somewhere else. 

Yeah, completely - discuss your thoughts on Ashford all you want but don’t go posting a direct comment to him on his Instagram when he is trying to be positive about the season starting. 

I do think he potentially has a role to play, even if that’s coming on to help us see out a game. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I do think he potentially has a role to play, even if that’s coming on to help us see out a game. 

He's been bumped to about 5th in the pecking order so he needs to come out flying at every opportunity which can only be a good thing. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He's been bumped to about 5th in the pecking order so he needs to come out flying at every opportunity which can only be a good thing. 

I think if we get another wide player or striker then he’ll leave. 

17 minutes ago, Iain said:

Interesting. In that case they need to expand their mailing list and show people how to sign up. For example, I play the lotto every week and get an email about that, but have never heard of this other email.

They can't expand the mailing list without seeking consent from people to pester them with marketing emails. GDPR is a thing.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

From what I remember, our average attendances haven’t been much different from Raith, so I’m guessing we just have more PATG attendees - which ultimately makes the club more money in the end. 

For as long as I can remember Raith have always had crowds a few hundred higher than us.