The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Average attendances last season. 

623ACBA3-0D89-4EB3-BB0A-66B8795248BA.png

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

FD33A4D0-3850-47FF-8E0C-23510A63B316.thumb.png.58ba1ed86ec4ee91630a11d90c5cf0ce.png

We had more than them last season (our best in decades) and the season before (thanks to Killie games). Pretty sure they'd be clear of us in almost every other season of my lifetime.

Covid seasons don't help but going back to the season we were competing for the league together they were a few hundred ahead of us. Which is how I always remember things being.

Edited by eez-eh

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wish we could get some clarity on David Bangala. I think we’ve all just presumed he’s away but there’s been zero mention of him going or looking likely to go. Bullen hinted that the ones most likely to leave were Hewitt and Ecrepont as they were in positions we needed to weaken. 

As it stands Bangala is now our fourth choice right back and fifth choice midfielder. Just pay the guy off and call it a day. 

What is the benefit to us of paying off his contract? It would actually be financially detrimental unless we can convince him to take less than the the full value, which he would be mental to accept as he won’t get a game anywhere.

We’d be better putting him on gardening leave for the season if we can’t even get anyone to take him on loan paying none of his wages, rather than paying him it all upfront.

30 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What is the benefit to us of paying off his contract? It would actually be financially detrimental unless we can convince him to take less than the the full value, which he would be mental to accept as he won’t get a game anywhere.

We’d be better putting him on gardening leave for the season if we can’t even get anyone to take him on loan paying none of his wages, rather than paying him it all upfront.

Aye fair enough. Every chance we’ve offered him a package and he’s said no which he’s well within his rights to do. 

5 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Has bangala been the most disastrous signing we have ever made ?  

Wouldn’t say he’s been a disaster as he hasn’t really done anything that bad. He’s just hilariously out his depth but it’s only led to him being bypassed in every game he’s played for us. Sticking point was the sending off although I’m not convinced it was a red and we had already been given a big advantage in that game to try and win. 

2 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

That wee dude that's the commercial manger needs to get his finger out basically... 

Would that be the same ‘wee dude’ who has turned Somerset into Piccadilly Circus 2.0 with adverts? He certainly seems to be doing a better job than the last utter clown we had stealing a wage as commercial manager.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t say he’s been a disaster as he hasn’t really done anything that bad.

He hasn't done anything at all

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s just hilariously out his depth

and for these two reasons is why he is the worst.

At least with previously bad players you can at least gauge how bad they were with their time on the pitch, with Bangala he is so bad he doesn't (barely) get even that.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He knows he's hit the jackpot, which is fair enough.

I doubt we’ll be paying him that much but even still if he’s earning a full time wage but getting to stay back in France then fair fucks to him. 

It’ll be cheaper for the club to do that as well as it means we won’t have to pay his accommodation for him if he isn’t here. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He hasn't done anything at all

and for these two reasons is why he is the worst.

At least with previously bad players you can at least gauge how bad they were with their time on the pitch, with Bangala he is so bad he doesn't (barely) get even that.

I prefer to gauge ‘worst’ signings on their detrimental effect on the pitch. Bangala hasn’t even had enough time to negatively affect any of our results. There is definitely an argument for the worst player to have pulled on the shirt yes.

36 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Has bangala been the most disastrous signing we have ever made ?  

Stevie Cooper, Daziel signed him from Airdrie when all indications were that he wouldn't walk properly ever again. Never played a game and in an interview said that he looked like he was operating a skateboard when he ran. No one knows why he was signed. 

He died of a brain haemorrhage shortly after leaving the club I think. He was an Airdrie legend

17 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Would that be the same ‘wee dude’ who has turned Somerset into Piccadilly Circus 2.0 with adverts? He certainly seems to be doing a better job than the last utter clown we had stealing a wage as commercial manager.

The majority of the boards are associated with the building trade, flashing their panties at Dave Smith. 

I'm not slagging MT by the way, its a thankless task. The kits are in stock, the shop is well run and there aren't many players not sponsored so you can't complain too much about him. 

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I haven’t seen enough of Bangala to judge but from what I’ve seen he is not the worst by some margin.

The worst ones are surely the ones that don't play? 

And from what we have seen of him. I've never seen a player so out of their depth and so clueless about what to do on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The majority of the boards are associated with the building trade, flashing their panties at Dave Smith. 

I'm not slagging MT by the way, its a thankless task. The kits are in stock, the shop is well run and there aren't many players not sponsored so you can't complain too much about him. 

How is he promoting fixtures and season tickets though?

This has been a bug bear if mine for years ......

Ayr has a huge elderly support who don't do email and social media ......how they going to find out things about the club.

I have to text my dad all the news about the club which is in indication something isn't right....

He lives in Troon and however knows exactly what's happening at killie and Troon J.fc....

There is certainly a problem...in that dept...

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t care if they are flashing  their panties, if they are paying their way it can only be a good thing.

Id even be happy for building companies/ trades to get free boards in exchange for doing work in the club on the new stand or ongoing maintenance.

Edited by Hazbart

When Bangala first came on against Cove away last season, we all instantly knew he was a dud. He didn’t touch the ball for a good 5 minutes, nobody was passing to him. And his red card against Dundee when they were down to 10 men… Just a baffling signing.