The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve got four wide players at the club. One is a bit raw but should be decent based off his showings so far, one will be a game changer this season but I’d expect him to be injured at some point, one is here in a dual role and hasn’t played since February and I’m not actually expecting him to contribute anything on the playing side and one has got the nickname “traffic cone”. 

Ashford has been okay so far but I’d say getting a bit of proven quality in that area of the pitch and shipping Ashford out is as much a priority as getting a left back and defensive midfielder in. It’s even more important given the amount of question marks over our strikers this season. We’ve got a lot of bodies in the forward areas but for me, Murphy is the only one who is guaranteed to win us games this season. 

Add in the ten style position that McKenzie has been playing and it’s only really five players for three positions - two of whom as you say are likely to be injured at some point and another two in Ashford and McKenzie who don’t offer enough to be starters for a side aiming for the top half. 

I do expect McGeady to contribute something, just that its further away than I thought it would be, which is a worry as he could easily break down before getting to that point. 

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How many season tickets have Caley sold compared to ourselves? 

Just want to make sure the club have got a good argument for being outbid for Chalmers. 

We’ve sold maybe about 1500.

Its a bit of a guess but there were 2000 at our game against Queen’s Park and we include all season ticket sales in the attendance used or not, so minus the away fans and the PATG tickets it will be around that number.

I'm not too frequent on here at the moment but in case it hasn't been mentioned in previous pages I don't think last season's plastic season ticket card will work this year even if you renew. I looked at the "My membership cards" section and the QR code looks different compared to last season's card.

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/guest_member_cards

So I've had to save the pdf via the "Print Members card" option then email it to my phone.

Surely it would be easier to just email everyone the pdf for those that have renewed.

16 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm not too frequent on here at the moment but in case it hasn't been mentioned in previous pages I don't think last season's plastic season ticket card will work this year even if you renew. I looked at the "My membership cards" section and the QR code looks different compared to last season's card.

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/guest_member_cards

So I've had to save the pdf via the "Print Members card" option then email it to my phone.

Surely it would be easier to just email everyone the pdf for those that have renewed.

My “print members card” button doesn’t do anything. I have a season ticket showing but no way to view the QR code

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

My “print members card” button doesn’t do anything. I have a season ticket showing but no way to view the QR code

I'm just hoping last years card has it loaded on as bought it while logged in to my account ??

My E-mail receipt has no QR code or barcode etc, so I'm assuming it's been loaded on to the card from last year.

Edited by WATTOO

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve got four wide players at the club. One is a bit raw but should be decent based off his showings so far, one will be a game changer this season but I’d expect him to be injured at some point, one is here in a dual role and hasn’t played since February and I’m not actually expecting him to contribute anything on the playing side and one has got the nickname “traffic cone”. 

Ashford has been okay so far but I’d say getting a bit of proven quality in that area of the pitch and shipping Ashford out is as much a priority as getting a left back and defensive midfielder in. It’s even more important given the amount of question marks over our strikers this season. We’ve got a lot of bodies in the forward areas but for me, Murphy is the only one who is guaranteed to win us games this season. 

There’s that or you loan out Bryden and Ashford goes from being a backup winger to a backup forward. Would make his dad happy anyway.

Fraternal word for the Ayr supporters (based soley on watching Saturday's game): Logan Chalmers is a fine player... but you need two defenders, a proper defensive midfielder, and someone who will score goals more than you need Logan Chalmers.

And do my eyes deceive me or do you aready have a squad of twenty-five (2-5) players?

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm just hoping last years card has it loaded on as bought it while logged in to my account ??

My E-mail receipt has no QR code or barcode etc, so I'm assuming it's been loaded on to the card from last year.

I renewed online but had to go into the shop to check and they gave me a new card. I wouldn’t just presume that last years card will work as mine clearly wouldn’t.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Fraternal word for the Ayr supporters (based soley on watching Saturday's game): Logan Chalmers is a fine player... but you need two defenders, a proper defensive midfielder, and someone who will score goals more than you need Logan Chalmers.

And do my eyes deceive me or do you aready have a squad of twenty-five (2-5) players?

A few players will likely be leaving either permanently or on loan before the window shuts.

We need a left back to push Reading but besides that I’m content with the defence. Stanger will come back in for Musonda and Ahui deserves a chance to bed in before being judged. 

I’m with you on needing another midfielder and a striker would be good but can’t see us getting one. 

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I did the prepaid option, gave my season ticket number so my original concern was that wouldn’t be linked. I have a till receipt from the shop but no emails at all.

i have the membership card in my profile, expires 2024 so it’s been processed, I have 3 options to chose and the only one that doesn’t work is the download membership card.

I wanted to download it in case the scanners didn’t work on my old season ticket and I hold up a massive queue because there are less turnstiles. 

Not sure about anyone else, but I would be starting Musonda and Stanger at the weekend. Better on the ball, and generally better one v one defenders. McGinty has the better aerial ability and can play when we play those kind of teams but other than that he can be the back up - he has no idea how to deal with someone running at him and the weekend again highlighted that. Even looking back at last season there isn’t really any argument to say that Musonda didn’t have the better season, when he was playing obviously. We’ll still see McGinty plenty anyway. 

I know Musonda was rusty at the weekend but he’ll be all the better for it now IMO. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know Musonda was rusty at the weekend but he’ll be all the better for it now IMO. 

Musonda was murder on Saturday, only a matter of time before he kids on he's injured and wraps himself in cotton wool before AFCON. 

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

McGinty had a  shiter but is largely good, he has one every now and then. The ref didn’t help by flinging about yellows on Saturday, Murdochs injury and a debut to two folk who were chucked in Ill prepared.

Saturday took some folk by surprise after the league cup results, I didn’t think they were that outstanding but it showed that we haven’t turned any corners and Bullen, along with some of the players, haven’t learned any lessons.

Dipo aside, our team is much of a muchness on Last season apart from Murphy and Pendlebury who look upgrades on MItchell Lawson and McAlear. Still a long way to go.

6 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Musonda was murder on Saturday, only a matter of time before he kids on he's injured and wraps himself in cotton wool before AFCON. 

And yet, didn’t sell two goals like McGinty did. A woeful challenge to give away a penalty, followed by a slow saunter back while miles out of position from him. 

Musonda was always going to struggle being chucked in like that after not playing. The narrative that Musonda pretends to be injured is poor tbh. 

ETA, if we want to play a possession style we can’t play McGinty. 

Edited by No_Problemo

24 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We still need:

Left back

Defensive mid

Logan Chalmers

Backup/second striker

We will get:

New deal for Charlie Albinson