The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Musonda was murder on Saturday, only a matter of time before he kids on he's injured and wraps himself in cotton wool before AFCON. 

That is a deeply cynical view, but not without merit

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Can't believe some are writing off Ahui after 45 mins, the lad has only been in Scotland 5 minutes and was flung on at half time in a game the ref had already let go out-of control, let's at least give him a few games before he's a bust flush.

OskPYWL0xJP4cd_wnp9x62MLfaVkM562eNvv0fFQZWc.png.7b220075e0a3c02ec55c608df6c83584.png

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A few players will likely be leaving either permanently or on loan before the window shuts.

We need a left back to push Reading but besides that I’m content with the defence. Stanger will come back in for Musonda and Ahui deserves a chance to bed in before being judged. 

I’m with you on needing another midfielder and a striker would be good but can’t see us getting one. 

I'll be amazed if Ahui is the answer at right-back, tbh... but time will tell.

One of the hardest things for a manger is to move players on in a cost effective way and I suspect Bullen will lose his job in the not too distant future if he can't do that: seven out and four in would be miraculous, but it's not far off what is needed.

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Apparently, recent scientific experiments suggested that water may be in fact fucking wet

The other guy who melted down on Saturday evening has calmed down and even apologised (to his great credit).

The rest of us are trying to discuss the game/season.

You, on the other hand, are a perma-raging perma-fanny.

Embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We still need:

Left back

Defensive mid

Logan Chalmers

Backup/second striker

We will get:

New deal for Charlie Albinson 

You might be right, but I'd say you need a right-back and another centre-half before you need a left-back; Reading is uninspiring, but he'll do a job in a team that's properly set up through the middle.

Dare I say that Houston would have been a better option at right-back than the two you had on Saturday?

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I'll be amazed if Ahui is the answer at right-back, tbh... but time will tell.

One of the hardest things for a manger is to move players on in a cost effective way and I suspect Bullen will lose his job in the not too distant future if he can't do that: seven out and four in would be miraculous, but it's not far off what is needed.

The other guy who melted down on Saturday evening has calmed down and even apologised (to his great credit).

The rest of us are trying to discuss the game/season.

Embarrassing.

We won’t be shipping as much as seven out and nor do we need to. Three out and four in is more realistic and leaves us with a squad of around 25 which includes a couple of younger prospects including a goalie that won’t play again this season. It’s a deep squad but we’ll undoubtedly get issues with injuries this season so it’s a good number. 

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

You might be right, but I'd say you need a right-back and another centre-half before you need a left-back; Reading is uninspiring, but he'll do a job in a team that's properly set up through the middle.

Dare I say that Houston would have been a better option at right-back than the two you had on Saturday?

No on both counts. As it stands we have Stanger and McGinty with Musonda and McAllister in reserve. As much as Morton fans will maintain they don’t rate McGinty, he’s been good since Bullen came in. 

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Can't believe some are writing off Ahui after 45 mins, the lad has only been in Scotland 5 minutes and was flung on at half time in a game the ref had already let go out-of control, let's at least give him a few games before he's a bust flush.

I’m not totally writing him off yet but I was shocked that he couldn’t do the absolute basics right.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We won’t be shipping as much as seven out and nor do we need to. Three out and four in is more realistic and leaves us with a squad of around 25 which includes a couple of younger prospects including a goalie that won’t play again this season. It’s a deep squad but we’ll undoubtedly get issues with injuries this season so it’s a good number. 

You're probably right that's what will happen... but 25 looks like a big, big squad to be carrying at this level.

We're sitting at 17 and I don't see that going past 20; we might get found out with injuries etc. over the season, but I'm happier replacing the fallen if necessary than carrying that much cover.

Some Morton supporters might disagree, but I think most of us are happy to see any one of the 17 on the park, from the start or as subs; can't remember a time when that was true of a Morton squad.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No on both counts. As it stands we have Stanger and McGinty with Musonda and McAllister in reserve. As much as Morton fans will maintain they don’t rate McGinty, he’s been good since Bullen came in. 

Stanger might turn out to be ok at this level; Musonda will be absent in January (I think?); McAllister is a League One player.

As for McGinty, I'm one of the few who felt the criticism at Morton was overdone... but I'd be gutted if we were still relying on him. Saturday was a case in point of what will inevitably happen if he isn't surrounded by three better players and told just to head it or pass it five yards to someone who can play.

I'd truly hate to see him in a team that was struggling (oh wait, I have...).*

Spoiler

* Us under MacPherson, not you... yet.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I don't know if we do need a right back.  McCalister is fine for emergency cover there (although he has regressed over the summer) and Ahui will be fine with a bit of time I'm sure.  Left back is our priority need precisely because Reading just can't do it.  

As a one off Houston would have been preferable to what was available on the day, yes. 

We'll sign a left back (Lewis Strapp hopefully) and Logan Chalmers and that'll be our lot I think. Ecrepont and Bangala will probably be moved on.

Id imagine the situation with Chalmers is we've registered an interest but he/Dundee United have probably asked for more than we wanted to pay so it was one we were going to revisit at the end of the window. If ICT have now came in and declared an internet it's probably forced our hand. This is presuming the transfer Scot guy isn't talking complete nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Embarrassing.

Morton fans were clutching their pearls at any Ayr fan who didn’t fluff them. I said Imrie looked thick as f**k and all your precious brethren were astonished. I simply don’t have the Will to engage in that and responded in the shortest way possible.

I have never encountered a more precious bunch than fans of Greenock Morton football club.

ps. This is an Ayr thread, no one asked for you to critique our team, f**k off

Reading has shown signs of encouragement but he will absolutely fall off a cliff at some point and we’ll need someone to step in when it happens. McAllister is ample cover at right back and centre back for the odd game. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Reading has shown signs of encouragement but he will absolutely fall off a cliff at some point and we’ll need someone to step in when it happens. McAllister is ample cover at right back and centre back for the odd game. 

The fact we don’t have cover means that Reading plays every week. When he’s shite, he gets abuse and his confidence is gone. If we played someone who wasn’t a left back in his place, just to not play him. He’d be done at the club which signed him on a two year deal.

The while thing is a bit of a shambles and we should have cover/competition in for him by now. 

31 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

He was fucking gash. Don't blame anyone for writing hum off.

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Morton fans were clutching their pearls at any Ayr fan who didn’t fluff them. I said Imrie looked thick as f**k and all your precious brethren were astonished. I simply don’t have the Will to engage in that and responded in the shortest way possible.

I have never encountered a more precious bunch than fans of Greenock Morton football club.

ps. This is an Ayr thread, no one asked for you to critique our team, f**k off

You ok mate?

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I'm just hoping last years card has it loaded on as bought it while logged in to my account ??

My E-mail receipt has no QR code or barcode etc, so I'm assuming it's been loaded on to the card from last year.

Yeah thats what I thought until I looked closely at the QR code for this year's season ticket and compared it! I know you were given the option of asking for a card for this season but thought you could either use last season's card or a pdf from an email. It was never stated that the card from last season wouldn't work for those people renewing as far as I can recall.

Although the squad is 25, that is including O.Ecrepont, Tomlinson, Watret and Guthrie who all will get few minutes of game time, unless there was a major injury crisis. Add Bangala to that who basically just lives in France now. He’ll hopefully be away soon, a left back coming in would allow Finn Ecrepont to leave, a striker coming in could allow Bryden to go out on loan, Ashford allowed to leave if he can find another club, hopefully.