The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

McGinty doesn’t ship anymore goals playing Ayr than the majority of defenders in this league. 

You can deny it all you want but any Ayr fan who watches game’s regularly will tell you he’s settled at Ayr and has been a perfectly decent Championship centre half in the last 18 months or so. 

You still haven't explained what your threatened production another set of donkey defending in an Ayr shirt is supposed to achieve. 

14 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Don't fancy a loan deal, Dundee Utd will pull him out if we are a threat. I can see him back at Inverness.

He’ll not be at Dundee United so it’s up to Ayr to pay for him. I doubt Dundee United will do us any favours though so at the moment, I think he’ll be on loan to Inverness 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He’ll not be at Dundee United so it’s up to Ayr to pay for him. I doubt Dundee United will do us any favours though so at the moment, I think he’ll be on loan to Inverness 

Why would they not do us a favour but do ICT a favour? 

Even if this valuation is half way correct we ain't paying it and I can't see them releasing him, as for a loan it's a no for me, he can't play in 4 of our biggest games of the season  and if we were to be any threat they would just recall him in the new year, seems a no win situation for us.

Screenshot_20230807_213444_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Even if this valuation is half way correct we ain't paying it and I can't see them releasing him, as for a loan it's a no for me, he can't play in 4 of our biggest games of the season  and if we were to be any threat they would just recall him in the new year, seems a no win situation for us.

Dundee United won't be our big game,. Games against Arbroath and Airdrie will be out big games. 

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I’m pretty confident they will release him, the issue is just going to be that he won’t take a drop in wages so they either partially pay him off or continue paying some of his wages while he is on loan. 

I wouldn’t go baws oot for a loan deal. He can’t play against Dundee United and if he’s doing well and Dundee Utd get a good bid for him in January then they can take him away and we’re left with a repeat of last season. 

He’d be a good player for us but I’d rather we had someone that we know is ours for the season and if they are to leave then we’ll get money for them. 

I’ll still be happy enough with a loan but I think we should have a buy out clause in for him that allows us to try and make a move in January should a bid come in for him. 

Unless we take on his contract and Dundee United maintain the balance to get him off their wage bill, or they let him walk away for nothing to allow him to sign a new deal, we would have to pay a fee. 

I don't know the financial state of Dundee United, if they need to shift players to bring new ones in. 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Trabsfermarkt is great for everything other than player value.  

It's absolutely miles out. 

Screenshot_20230807-223901.png