The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Some English club will end up buying him outright for a fee and wages that neither ICT or ourselves could get close to and everyone on here will go mental about a lack of ambition.

The graveyard of Scottish football is full of "ambitious" clubs.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

24 appearances in 7 years at Dundee United & two 6 month loans to the Championship doesn't scream 6 figure move down south to me. 

Why does it have to be a 6 figure move?

Going by your interpretation of his CV do you think he's not very good?

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Why does it have to be a 6 figure move?

Going by your interpretation of his CV do you think he's not very good?

I like Chalmers but he seems to lack something given his lack of game time under various Managers.

He's maybe seen as being too single minded for the modern game or can lack an end product but "entertaining" SHOULD be the name of the game and he does bring that in spades, it is maybe just that he's a victim of being born into the wrong era where everything is disciplined and mavericks aren't appreciated as they should be ??

17 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They said that they would have made a loss this season had McKenzie not scored. They just about broke even as a result

That's three hundred thousand pounds. Unless you think the difference in the wage bill between last season and this one was three hundred thousand pounds, or that gates somehow fell between a season where Ayr were fighting relegation from the beginning to one where they nearly got promoted, it's difficult to account for this unless you assume that the answer given at the Q&A reflected something other than an up-to-date snapshot of the club's finances.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I like Chalmers but he seems to lack something given his lack of game time under various Managers.

He's maybe seen as being too single minded for the modern game or can lack an end product but "entertaining" SHOULD be the name of the game and he does bring that in spades, it is maybe just that he's a victim of being born into the wrong era where everything is disciplined and mavericks aren't appreciated as they should be ??

Maybe. Though when you see Partick last season with Tiffoney on one side, Lawless on the other, I think there's still a place for skill as well as substance. It's upto the player himself to buy into what's needed with and without the ball.

I'm sure Chalmers was quoted when he left saying how much he'd enjoyed his time with us.

I don't know how much sway that'll ultimately have when it comes to moving permanently. It does seem to be dragging on.