The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The counterpoint to that would surely be that not having a fully fit or settled squad can severely impact performances.

Maybe. Though some would say the performances last season never improved.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

That isn’t true. 

Bryden can clearly finish, but can’t really contribute anything in terms of the wider game.

McKenzie can’t finish and is able to contribute something in terms of the wider game and is fine as a squad option at times but that’s about it. 

Bryden scoring goals isn’t contributing? But McKenzie trying hard is?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bryden has scored three goals against Stirling and Alloa. McKenzie scored against better teams last season and is so obviously ahead of Bryden I’m not sure why people are trying to say otherwise. 

McKenzie should be starting games this season if we’re going two up front. Bryden needs a loan spell if we can manage to bring someone else in. 

It doesn’t matter who Bryden scores against the point is he actually scores those goals. McKenzie also played in those games and failed to score. 

Just now, Jack_1910 said:

It doesn’t matter who Bryden scores against the point is he actually scores those goals. McKenzie also played in those games and failed to score. 

bRYden SCored iN a GaME thAt McKeNzie dIdnT sO hE muSt bE beTTer.

Roaster central in here tonight in a game we actually won. 

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Maybe. Though some would say the performances last season never improved.

I don't think it's even close to maybe.

For me there's better individual quality in the wide areas this season compared to last season and that can carry teams up the pitch and cause problems for the opposition in the final third.

We're clearly having to find different ways to win games and obviously its vital that players stay fit to be able to contribute.

Good to see goals (so far) being spread around too.

Did you see how many times the ball went out of play due to the wind must have been 5-6 times wonder if it was something to do with the terricing not being there.

On the how many players that need 4-5,another couple of midfielders another main striker,maybe a utility player who can play different positions.

McKenzie is definitely a player you'd keep in the squad. He's not great and definitely isn't a starter but he can do a shift. You'd be mad to think we shouldn't be trying to upgrade though.

He's not the only one though. McAllister, Dempsey and Ashford could all be improved upon. All of them starting in the same game is just nuts.

Bullen picks the team, no idea why he's surprised and angry about what's produced on the pitch when it's obviously not good enough.

Good to hear that Bullen was unhappy with the hoofball but he needs to look at his captain on the park who sparked it all off. He was good defensively again, but just isn’t good enough to lead from the front in terms of playing football. 

It would be good to know our starting team before travelling to Livingston. 

6 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

He's not the only one though. McAllister, Dempsey and Ashford could all be improved upon. All of them starting in the same game is just nuts.

I get that people see games differently, but this is just 100% heads gone wrong.

I'll accept he's maybe not hitting the heights that he has previously for us but he's still a class act at this level.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

The counterpoint to that would surely be that not having a fully fit or settled squad can severely impact performances.

It is of course St Peter himself preventing Ayr from doing any transfer activity whatsoever until the third week of July every season.

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's honestly refreshing to see the majority of people on here apply significant critical thought to a game following a win. Normally that's met purely with thought-terminating cliches.

Anyway, that might have been the win that clinches eighth. This isn't going to be a season to remember, but so long as the club shitfests points out of the true losers in the division it puts things on a solid footing for the future.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It would be good to know our starting team before travelling to Livingston. 

This. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated at the lack of any injury news.

The argument that we don't want to give the opposition a heads up on who might play so we don't disclose anything on injuries is wearing thin for me. Arriving at Firhill and finding out Dipo was injured, I was seething.

I was much the same today (more so because or the awful drive) when I found out Murphy had vanished from the squad.

23 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I get that people see games differently, but this is just 100% heads gone wrong.

I'll accept he's maybe not hitting the heights that he has previously for us but he's still a class act at this level.

I don't think Dempsey is in the same category as McAllister & Ashford. That is harsh.

However, he is over rated by a lot of our supporters imo. He's actually not a great option when playing out from the back when he cannons the ball back at the defence/goalie. 

Edited by Trogdor

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

bRYden SCored iN a GaME thAt McKeNzie dIdnT sO hE muSt bE beTTer.

Yes that’s typically how you determine how good a striker is mate by the amount of goals they score? 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

It is of course St Peter himself preventing Ayr from doing any transfer activity whatsoever until the third week of July every season.

I'd rather the club wait for the right players in terms of ability and quality than keep the likes of you happy by having bodies in on the first day of the window.

Players and agents drag things out, as can be seen by the ongoing Chalmers negotiations. Selling clubs don't want to lose players before they have replacements lined up and it all adds upto a slow drawn out process.

The main problem is the window extends into the season starting.

But never mind, you stick to the sign players earlier line. It'll save you having to overthink things.