The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

We seem to veer from there’s no one available on our budget,  to relax, we’re still going to sign players that will turn things round.  

We have been utter crap from Christmas . We can't keep blaming the wind the weather injuries the refs  . Buck stops at bullen.  Personally think he has took the team as for as he can 

16 minutes ago, United1973 said:

We have been utter crap from Christmas . We can't keep blaming the wind the weather injuries the refs  . Buck stops at bullen.  Personally think he has took the team as for as he can 

Think there was definitely an argument for that after the playoffs last year but I was of the belief that he had earned another crack at it. As I’ve said he should get the first quarter and then we have a look. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Think there was definitely an argument for that after the playoffs last year but I was of the belief that he had earned another crack at it. As I’ve said he should get the first quarter and then we have a look. 

Do you honestly think he is the man to get us playing half decent football with the team he has at his disposal? 

38 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Do you honestly think he is the man to get us playing half decent football with the team he has at his disposal? 

I’m in the minority but I’m not particularly arsed about how well we play as long as we get points. Last season was the first season an Ayr team was able to get points in games that we didn’t play well in and despite what some people believe that wasn’t solely down to Akinyemi and was a team effort. 

He’s got six games left in this quarter and hopefully we see more of Chalmers, Amartey and McGeady in the same team with Pendlebury instead of Musonda in midfield. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’m in the minority but I’m not particularly arsed about how well we play as long as we get points. Last season was the first season an Ayr team was able to get points in games that we didn’t play well in and despite what some people believe that wasn’t solely down to Akinyemi and was a team effort. 

He’s got six games left in this quarter and hopefully we see more of Chalmers, Amartey and McGeady in the same team with Pendlebury instead of Musonda in midfield. 

Fair enough 

39 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Chalmers is this seasons Dipo for Bullen. Except he's not going to give the same goal return, he will create many chances but is there going to be anyone on the end of them.

Gotta be able to get the ball to him to create the chances.  Barely got the ball to our front 4 yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Gotta be able to get the ball to him to create the chances.  Barely got the ball to our front 4 yesterday. 

Yeah - you could argue that our three in behind the striker are very much up there with the best in the league. The difference in quality in behind them to get the best out of them is pretty wild though. I imagine they’ll get increasingly frustrated over the season if we don’t address some of those issues. 

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

U21 international and was on the books of a club with a huge budget who are in a different stratosphere from ourselves.

If our recruitment is simply find a player who once played for a big clubs B team and played for an obscure country’s U21 then we really are in trouble.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If our recruitment is simply find a player who once played for a big clubs B team and played for an obscure country’s U21 then we really are in trouble.

I really doubt that’s the approach we’re taking but given last week we weren’t looking for any midfielders and then all of a sudden needed two at the end of the window I don’t think we’re in a position to be that fussy. 

I have no doubt he must have some technical ability to have lasted that long at a Premier League side which means that it’ll come down to his attitude. 

In saying all that I’d rather we forget about signing another midfielder and brought in another striker. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really doubt that’s the approach we’re taking but given last week we weren’t looking for any midfielders and then all of a sudden needed two at the end of the window I don’t think we’re in a position to be that fussy. 

I have no doubt he must have some technical ability to have lasted that long at a Premier League side which means that it’ll come down to his attitude. 

In saying all that I’d rather we forget about signing another midfielder and brought in another striker. 

We need to be fussy, as if we don’t get a good ball playing midfielder in we could quite easily be in a relegation battle IMO. We do also need a striker though as Bryden and Mckenzie are both technically horrific strikers. 

There are numerous utterly shite players in the under 23 premiership sides tbh. 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

We've only played 3 games and don't even have our team put together yet.

I think we are looking at one more player coming in?

I don't have much to add beyond what several others have said, but I think the interesting dynamic is what McGeady will be saying to Mathie. It's slightly unusual having a player with a dual role and reporting to someone other than the manager/first team coach. It will give Mathie another insight into Bullen's performance as a coach.

1 minute ago, amnarab said:

If you're looking for another loan attacking midfielder I'd inquire about Chris Mochrie availability from United. Guy needs first team starts. On loan to Dunfermline last season. Short term loan would be ideal for both 

Is he any good? 2 goals in 34 games in League 1 isn't that encouraging.