The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've a feeling that this is a fallout. Whether it's toys out the pram because Musonda was played first or Bullen doing like he has done with a few players, in not playing them, it definitely smells like a spat.

If he’s had a falling out over not playing 1 game, then that reflects really poorly on him and it would therefore be best for him to go. 
Also has this even been confirmed yet? I know 2 people have said they’ve heard this but there’s no point getting into a panic over something that hasn’t even been confirmed yet!

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah, I'm not buying that much either, he's an adult not a kid, and even then it's not like he's come from some far away land.

I'm going for fallout.

Of course you are.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it’s weird. Seems like a good enough player but he doesn’t look quick enough to be an effective box to box player but his game seems to be making runs into the box or hanging in an area where he can get a shot away. 

We really needed someone who’s comfortable taking the ball off the centre backs and making a pass (if we’re intent on playing a possession based way). What we’ve got is a lot of busy midfielders but no one to take control of the game and you kinda need that to do well. 

Yeah, absolutely. I think we all thought he was a defensive midfielder when he signed. 

Having now thought about it, I only want one central midfielder if he is away -if that allows it to be a quality one anyway. 

We can run with three more defensive minded centre midfielders, and Paul Smith can play back up or start the odd game if we need three in the middle. Dempsey would then hopefully be back in the new year. 

Sean Goss please - thank you. 

ETA, I’ve just realised he turned down a deal at Motherwell so could potentially be unrealistic then!

Edited by No_Problemo

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm sure lio messi said the same thing at 12 Yr old when barca moved him to Spain. 

Not everyone is the same though. I love travelling but I’d hate the idea of having to work out the country and not be able to take my family or that with me. 

You’re also talking about one the greatest sportsmen ever with an elite mentality even at that age. I don’t think Olly Pendlebury is quite the same. 

6 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

If he’s had a falling out over not playing 1 game, then that reflects really poorly on him and it would therefore be best for him to go. 

Not sure I'm buying this fallout idea. Players fall out all the time about not being picked and managers usually say it's great that they desperately want to play. For him to fall out over Saturday and to be released as quickly as this, it would need to have been some monumental bust up. From his interviews he didn't seem the type.

It also would reflect badly on Bullen as well as him if they couldn't resolve their differences.

2 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Not sure I'm buying this fallout idea. Players fall out all the time about not being picked and managers usually say it's great that they desperately want to play. For him to fall out over Saturday and to be released as quickly as this, it would need to have been some monumental bust up. From his interviews he didn't seem the type.

It also would reflect badly on Bullen as well as him if they couldn't resolve their differences.

I don’t buy it either. Was just saying that it would reflect badly on him as a person if this was true.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If he is away and we get 2 in now I’m more than happy, was never sold on him. However recruitment wise it’s another disaster and up there with Bangala simply because I’ve had longer walks than his stay here. 

If this departure (if it's true of course) has happened quite suddenly, then I doubt we'll have time to get 2 in before Thursday. Of course the club will have numerous targets but they would have only been going after 1 before this (allegedly) happened. If we don't get 2 in before the deadline then we're stuck looking at free agents and domestic loans which limits both our options and the quality available.

On 26/08/2023 at 22:07, diegomarahenry said:

All of this amounts to why I just can’t be fucked watching it any more. 

I’m sure once the team start winning again, even if the manager/players/tactics don’t change. Pretty poor show from you to be honest talking about not going a few games into the season.

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If he is away and we get 2 in now I’m more than happy, was never sold on him. However recruitment wise it’s another disaster and up there with Bangala simply because I’ve had longer walks than his stay here. 

We had a similar situation with Malley a few years back.

And of course Shooter McGavin.

Edited by WATTOO

Our recruitment is largely an utter shambles when we have months to scout someone and have negotiations with. I don’t know how anyone can think having a couple of days to find someone from scratch to replace what was easily our best fit central midfielder will be anything short of a complete stab in the dark.

If he goes we are back down to probably no one who looks like they can actually hit a ball. McGeady probably can but he hasn’t shown it shooting wise yet.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, what made an absolute mockery of it was that it was fine to be putting your life in danger in a cup match but not in a league match !!

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Plus the fact that there were teams in the second tier that had similar crowds to a few top tier sides. So it was okay for them to go to such stadia but not fans of Premier League teams.

I’m not sure if I’m making this up but I’m pretty sure that after Falkirk got knocked back for Brockville not being up to scratch a Celtic cup game (maybe East Stirling) got moved to Brockville to ensure it was safe for the amount of expected away fans. You couldn’t make it up.

ETA - realised I’ve just said I might be making it up then later said you couldn’t make it up.

Edited by Sortmeout

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Our recruitment is largely an utter shambles when we have months to scout someone and have negotiations with. I don’t know how anyone can think having a couple of days to find someone from scratch to replace what was easily our best fit central midfielder will be anything short of a complete stab in the dark.

If he goes we are back down to probably no one who looks like they can actually hit a ball. McGeady probably can but he hasn’t shown it shooting wise yet.

Certainly this season it is verging on that. I would like a list of incomings since the recruitment team has been put in just to see what the success rate is like.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

How is this the recruitment teams fault ?

Did they know we were going to get our two main Central Mids injured at the same time and out long term ?

We still don't know the story here (or even if he's definitely away) and there's every chance that there's nothing the recruitment guys could have done about it.

It's amazing though how Pendlebury seems to have gone from not good enough to Zidane in the space of a few hours.....

Don't say I'm not good to you, but for all the Doomsters out there you can get 9/5 yer candy on an Arbroath home win on Saturday courtesy of our friends at Bet365.

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I would like a list of incomings since the recruitment team has been put in just to see what the success rate is like.

Spoiler

Recruitment team joined over the winter of 2021-22:

January 22:

Gondoh - failure

Dempsey (loan) - success

Ashford - failure

McInroy - success

Rowe - never got a chance

Kenyon - failure

Summer 22:

Dempsey (permanent) - success

Akinyemi - success

Bangala - failure

Musonda - success

JML - failure

Kirk - success

Mullin (loan) - success

Young - jury out (I thought he was OK)

Chalmers - success

January 23:

Mcaleer - flop

McGuire - flop

Mullin (permanent) - paid more than he was worth to keep him which resulted in deficiencies elsewhere not being addressed, spent most of that time injured, failure but still a good player.

Summer 23:

Mutch - looks ok, too early to tell

Stanger - success

Murphy - success

Amartey - success

Pendlebury - too early to say

McGeady - success due to off field role

Rose - too early to say

Ahui - can't base things off 45 mins, but not promising

Chalmers - success

Young - too early to say

Totals

28 total signings

13 successes

8 failures

7 unknown

This is all just my opinion of course but make of it what you want

Let me know if i've missed anyone or not counted things up properly

Edited by GuyIncognito
spelling

27 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Certainly this season it is verging on that. I would like a list of incomings since the recruitment team has been put in just to see what the success rate is like.

Counting absolutely everyone

Gondoh, Dempsey, Ashford, McInroy, Rowe, Kenyon, Dipo, Bangala, Musonda, JML, Mullin, Maguire, Kirk, B. Young, Chalmers (x2), McAlear, Mutch, Stanger, Murphy, Pendlebury, Amartey, McGeady, Rose, Ahui, J. Young

Edited by muZZa__44