The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hoping Bullen goes on a John Hughes type rant, but probably won't be brought up.

It'll be a simple "it's one of these things and can sometimes happen in football so it was right thing to do for both parties concerned, next question Callum?"

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This Rangers team is like watching Bullens Ayr. 

This clearly isn’t working, we are being overran and creating nothing

The manager - we’ll give it another half hour and see if it gets better

We can agree on that one… 😂

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Is Glendinning still at the club as there has been no mention of him lately?

Or is he just hidden away behind the scenes in an office with his head buried in a laptop 24/7?

Think he just likes the trips to London. Last I knew he had started his own recruitment agency which I dunno how impacts the job with us. 

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Is Glendinning still at the club as there has been no mention of him lately?

Or is he just hidden away behind the scenes in an office with his head buried in a laptop 24/7?

Think the laptop gave up a while ago and he is looking through lower league Panini albums from 2 years ago now

I love how we act like we’re the only club in the world where a huge amount of the scouting is done online or through using technology. Do people think we’ve got guys at all the games down South with a notepad and pen? 

Yes, Glendinning is still at the club. I’d actually like it if he was at the next Q&A however id be worried that people just used it as a platform to try and cast doubt on the usefulness of his work. 

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I don’t understand why no one is addressing the elephant in the room….

When is the big screen being installed?

My favourite of that night was the old boy asking if they had taken in to account the south westerly winds in Ayr when planing the new stand. When Smith said they hadn’t given it much consideration, the old boy gave a smug look, like he knows the stand will be in bits as soon as it’s built 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

My favourite of that night was the old boy asking if they had taken in to account the south westerly winds in Ayr when planing the new stand. When Smith said they hadn’t given it much consideration, the old boy gave a smug look, like he knows the stand will be in bits as soon as it’s built 

Global warming will soon put the new stand underwater anyway.

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They are making it easy to do this tonight 

Was going to say earlier at least we'll not have Scottish football being humiliated every week for being the whipping boys but they've managed to get that title at the qualifiers this year

Just now, Rb123 said:

Was going to say earlier at least we'll not have Scottish football being humiliated every week for being the whipping boys but they've managed to get that title at the qualifiers this year

The notion of Scottish football being embarrassed by the poor performance of Scottish clubs in European competition is a complete fantasy and a myth.

All of the embarrassment belongs to the clubs concerned. The rest of us can enjoy it for the hilarity that it is.

On 27/08/2023 at 23:20, Hursty said:

Is it Bullen to blame, or the recruitment team.    

Pendlebury is the perfect case to discuss.  He's been signed on I think a 2 year deal while Murdoch and Dempsey are fit. Maybe 3rd choice, would like to think Is a centre mid so will presumably be better than or challenging them considering it's a new signing.  Paul Smith presumably 4th in line at this point. 

Pendlebury Has scored 2 goals but possibly at fault for conceding one at Morton.    The first 2 get injured and he still can't get a start.  Smith comes right in and Musonda who is never a CM in a million years becomes the main man. 

We then sign Jack Young. A centre mid. 

Is it just me or is something going seriously wrong here? Who signed this guy that by mid to late August is  5th choice CM behind Murdoch Dempsey Smith and Musonda, and then we sign ANOTHER in the same position? So Pendlebury is now presumably 6th choice on a 2 year deal.  That's mental.   

And no amount of Bullens shite tactics should deflect from that.

FFS Olly i'd had a couple of beers when I posted this, didn't mean for you to take it personally 😬

Edited by Hursty